Our 1000+ Heat Transfer questions and answers focuses on all areas of Heat Transfer covering 100+ topics. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Heat Transfer. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Heat Transfer comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Heat Transfer interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Heat Transfer with explanations.
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Heat Transfer Subject.
Who should Practice these Heat Transfer Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Heat Transfer Subject.
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Heat Transfer.
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews).
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations.
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students.
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Heat Transfer Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Definitions and Basic Concepts
The section contains questions and answers on steady and unsteady types of heat transfer and various heat transfer modes.
|Modes of Heat Transfer||Steady and Unsteady Heat Transfer|
2. Questions on Fourier Equation And Thermal Conductivity
The section contains questions on various properties of fourier equation and thermal conductivity which include fourier equation, heat conduction equation and thermal conductivity of different materials.
Thermal Conductivity of Materials
General Heat Conduction Equation
Thermal Conductivity of Different Materials
3. Questions & Answers on Steady State Conduction
The section contains questions and answers on conduction through various mechanisms which include plane wall, composite wall, cylindrical wall and a sphere. It also contains questions and answers on shape factor, variable conductivity effect and critical thickness of insulation.
Conduction Through a Plane Wall
Conduction Through a Composite Wall
Conduction Through a Cylindrical Wall
Conduction Through a Sphere
Effect of Variable Conductivity
Critical Thickness of Insulation
4. Questions on Conduction With Heat Generation
The section contains questions on heat generations through various mechanisms which include plane wall, cylinder and a sphere. Additionally, the section also contains questions on dielectric effect.
Heat Generation Through Plane Wall
Heat Generation Through Cylinder
Heat Generation Through Sphere
5. Questions & Answers on Heat Transfer From Extended Surfaces
The section contains questions and answers on concepts of fins, steady heat flow along a rod, performance of fin, design consideration for fins, thermometric well properties and heat dissipation from a long fin and a fin which is insulated at the tip.
Steady Flow of Heat Along a Rod
Heat Dissipation from an Infinitely Long Fin
Heat Dissipation from a Fin Insulated at the Tip
Design Considerations for Fins
Heat Flow Through Triangular and Parabolic Fins
6. Questions on Transient (Unsteady State Heat Conducion)
The section contains questions on thermocouple response, time constant, heat conduction in solids using various mechanisms like infinite thermal conductivity, finite conduction and infinite thick solids. The section also contains questions and answers on biot number and periodic variation.
Response of a Thermocouple
Transient Heat with Infinite Conductivity
Transient Heat with Finite Conductivity
Lump System Analysis
Transient Heat Conduction in Infinite Thick Solids
7. Questions & Answers on Radiation : Processes And Properties
The section contains questions and answers on various concepts which include transmissivity, absorptivity, reflectivity, black body concepts, planck’s law, stefan-boltzman’s law, wein’s law, kirchoff’s law, radiation intensity and solar radiations.
8. Questions on Radiation : Exchange Between Surfaces
The section contains questions on Black body heat exchange, shape factor concepts, Non black body heat exchange, radiation shield, gaseous radiation, fouling factor, physical and geometrical property symbols, adiabatic surface, reradiating surface and other network approaches.
9. Questions & Answers on Convection : Processes And Properties
The section contains questions and answers on flow types, convection types, nusselt number, reynolds number and newton rikhman law.
Types of Flow
Types of Convection
Newton- Rikhman Law
10. Questions on Dimensional Analysis
This section contains questions on Dimensional System and Homogeneity, rayleigh and buckhingam methods, model simulation and studies, dimensionless group importance and advantages and disadvantages of dimensional analysis.
System of dimensions
Buckingham’s Pi- Method
Model Studies and Similitude
Dimensional Analysis – Pros and Cons
Significance of Dimensionless Groups
11. Questions & Answers on Empirical Correlations For Free And Forced convection
This section contains questions and answers on laminar flow, turbulent flow and various correlations for forced convection.
Correlations for Forced Convection
12. Questions on Condensation And Boiling
This section contains questions on boiling, nucleate boiling, free convection boiling, condensation concepts and bubble growth.
Free Convection Boiling
Laminar Film Condensation
Turbulent Film Condensation
13. Questions & Answers on Hydrodynamic And Thermal Boundary Layers
This section contains questions and answers on reynolds analogy, pohlhausen equation, thermal boundary layer, hydrodynamic boundary layer and von-karmal equation.
Thermal Boundary Layer
Hydrodynamic Boundary Layer
Von- Karmal Equation
14. Questions on Heat Exchangers and Mass Transfer
This section contains questions on heat exchanger classification, mean temperature difference, discrete time system implementation, specific heat, heat transfer coefficient, transfer units number and heat exchanger effectiveness.
Classification of Heat Exchanger
Mean Value of Capacity Ratio
Mean Temperature Difference
Heat Transfer Coefficient
Heat Flux Through a Cylindrical Wall and Plate
Heat Exchanger Effectiveness
Number of Transfer Units
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Heat Transfer!