This set of Biochemistry Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Protein Interactions Modulated by Chemical Energy: Actin, Myosin and Molecular Motors”.
1. Light band has which of the following filament protein?
c) Actin and myosin
d) None of these
Explanation: Light band has actin because it is a part of thin filament.
2. Contractile protein of a muscle is
Explanation: Both actin and myosin are the two contractile proteins.
3. Which of the following contractile protein of skeletal muscle involve in ATPase activity?
Explanation: ATPase activity involves conversion of ATP to ADP which releases energy. Myosin involves in such type of activity.
4. The cross bridges involved in muscle contraction are located on the
a) Myosin myofilaments
b) Actin myofilaments
Explanation: The globular head of a myosin that projects from myosin filament is a cross bridge.
5. The contractile unit consisting of bundles of thick filaments interleaved at either end with those of thin filaments is
b) Cross bridges
c) Z band
Explanation: Sarcomere is the contractile unit consisting of bundles of thick filaments interleaved at either end with those of thin filaments.
6. Sarcomere is a part between
a) 2 I bands
b) 2 Z bands
c) 2 A bands
d) 2 H bands
Explanation: Z lines are formed between adjacent sarcomeres.
7. Which of the following is the smallest division?
Explanation: Actin, which is the part of thin filament, is the smallest division in that group.
8. Which of the following is false?
a) Actin is a thin filament
b) Myosin is a thick filament
c) The band in a myofibril is an area of thin filament
d) Functional unit of muscle is sarcomere
Explanation: The band in a myofibril is an area of thick filament.
9. The connective tissue that surrounds individual fibers is
Explanation: Endomysium is present in between one muscle cell and other.
10. Which of the following is an invagination of the muscle cell’s sarcolemma?
c) T tubules
d) Sarcoplasmic reticula
Explanation: Transverse tubules are the invaginations of the muscle cell’s sarcolemma.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Biochemistry.
To practice all areas of Biochemistry, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.