This set of Biochemistry Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Signaling in Microorganisms and Plants”.
1. Which of the following statements about Arabidopsis is not true?
a) In Arabidopsis, CTR-1 Ser/Thr protein kinase is activated by ethylene
b) Activation of MAPK cascade
c) EINI activation
d) Synthesis of ERF1 transcription factor
Explanation: In Arabidopsis, CTR-1 Ser/Thr protein kinase is inactivated by ethylene.
2. The 2-component system drives bacterial chemotaxis by coupling autophosphoryaltion of which receptor to phosphorylation of respective regulatory protein?
a) His kinase
b) Adenylyl cyclase
c) Guanylyl cyclase
Explanation: The 2-component system drives bacterial chemotaxis by coupling auto-phosphorylation of his kinase to phosphorylation of respective regulatory protein.
3. Bacteria do not have which of the following receptors
a) Adhesion receptors
b) Nuclear steroid receptors
c) Membrane proteins
Explanation: Bacteria/plants do not have nuclear steroid receptors.
4. A factor involved in regulating the fate of stem cells in plant development
c) Thyroid stimulating hormone
Explanation: Adrenaline, epinephrine and thyroid stimulating hormones are animal hormones.
5. The peptide trigger for the self-incompatibility response that prevents self-pollination
a) Salicylic acid
d) Plant peptide hormones
Explanation: Brassinosteroids prevents self-pollination.
6. Autophosphorylation is done on
a) His residues
b) Ser/Thr residues
c) Cys residues
d) Lys residues
Explanation: Autophosphorylation is done on Ser/Thr residues.
7. In Arabidopsis flg22 binds to
Explanation: flg22 present in plants binds to FLS2.
8. Transcription factor in plants is
Explanation: Serine, threonine and leucine are amino acids.
9. Negative regulator of ethylene response
Explanation: CTR1 is the negative regulator of ethylene response.
10. ERF1is a
a) Translation terminating factor
b) Positive regulator
c) Translation promoting factor
d) Enzyme inhibitor
Explanation: ERF1 is a eukaryotic translation terminating factor.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Biochemistry.
To practice all areas of Biochemistry, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.