This set of Instrumentation Transducers Assessment Questions and Answers focuses on “Density Measurement”.
1. Which of the following is represented by ratio of density of substance to density of water at 400c?
a) Specific gravity
b) Mass density
c) Weight density
d) Specific density
Explanation: Specific gravity is the ratio of density of that substance to density of water at 400c.
2. In air bubbler system, air pressure is measured.
Explanation: In air bubbler system, air pressure is measure using air bubbles in measuring liquid.
3. Which of the following cannot be used for density measurement?
a) Hydrometer system
b) Pitot-static device
c) Air bubbler system
d) U-tube system
Explanation: Pitot-static device are used for flow measurement, all other devices are used for density measurement.
4. Which of the following device doesn’t uses storage of liquid?
a) Manometer system
b) Hydrometer system
c) U-tube system
d) Air bubbler system
Explanation: In U-tube system, density of liquid is measured by allowing liquid to flow through. It doesn’t require storage of liquid under measurement.
5. Manometer system cannot be used for measuring density.
Explanation: Manometer system can be used for measuring density of liquid also.
6. Which of the following represents correct relationship of density and length of column?
a) Direct proportionality
b) Inverse proportionality
d) None of the above
Explanation: Correct relation explaining it is ΔP=hϱg, where density becomes inversely portioned to length.
7. Which of the following represents relation for pressure change in a column?
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Product of density, acceleration due to gravity and length of column represents pressure difference in column.
8. ____________ can be used for measuring density.
a) Load cell
b) pH meter
c) Pitot static device
Explanation: For density measurement, load cell can also be used. It employs indication of density in terms of force.
9. Which of the following is used to represent mass per unit volume of a substance?
a) Mass density
b) Weight density
c) Specific density
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Mass density of a substance is the mass per unit volume of the substance.
10. Specific volume of all substances depends on ______________
a) Temperature only
b) Pressure only
c) Both temperature and pressure
d) Temperature and pressure for some
Explanation: For compressible fluids specific volume depends on temperature and pressure, for all other substances specific volume depends on temperature only.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers Assessment Questions, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.