This set of Human Anatomy Question Bank focuses on “Form of the Embryo at Different Stages its Growth”.
1. The zygote undergoes cleavage forming a solid ball of cells of the uniform size called _________
Explanation: Morula is an early stage embryo consisting of cells in a solid balls contained within zona pellucida.
2. The third layer to form in gastrulation is ____________
Explanation: Mesoderm is one of the three primary germ layers in the early embryo. It is formed during gastrulation.
3. Development of all organs can be traced in single germ layer ____________
Explanation: Development of all organs can be traced in single germ layer.
4. The trophoblast gives rise to ___________
Explanation: Trophoblast are cells forming the outer layer of blastocyst which provide nutrients to the embryo and develop into large part of placenta.
5. Gastrulation occurs during the 2nd week of embryonic development.
Explanation: Transformation of blastula into gastrula is gastrulation. It occurs during 2nd week of development.
6. Cleavage begins at ____________
Explanation: Cleavage begins at oviduct. In humans cleavage begins while fertilized egg is still passing down the oviduct.
7. The cavity inside the blastula is called as _____________
d) Animal pore
Explanation: The cavity inside the blastula is called as Blastocoel. It is a fluid filled cavity.
8. The vertebrate embryo develops into hollow ball called as _______________
Explanation: Blastula is a hollow sphere of cells surrounding an inner fluid filled cavity. The cells of blastula is referred as blastomere.
9. The embryo at 16 celled stage is known as ___________
Explanation: Morula is the solid ball of cells resulting from division of a fertilized ovum from which a blastula is formed.
10. Blastopore is the opening of _____________
Explanation: Blastopore is the opening of Archenteron. The opening of archenteron in the gastrula that develops into the mouth in protostomes and anus in deuterostomas.
11. At the time of implantation the embryo is called as ________
Explanation: Blastocyst is the structure formed in early development of mammals. It possesses an inner cell mass which subsequently forms the embryo. Outer layer consists of cells collectively called trophoblast.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice Human Anatomy Question Bank, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.