This set of Human Anatomy Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Small & Large Intestine”.
1. Which among the following is the longest?
c) Small intestine
d) Large intestine
Explanation: Small intestine is the longest part of the alimentary canal. It is about 20ft or 6metres long. It is narrow and tubular part occupying the central and lower parts of abdominal cavity.
2. Small intestine is divided into _____ parts.
Explanation: Small intestine is divided into 3 parts. They are duodenum, jejunum and ileum.
3. The opening of Ileum is guarded by ________
a) Ileo caecal valve
b) Mitral valve
Explanation: The opening of Ileum is guarded by Ileo caecal valve. It prevents regurgitation of food from caecum. Ileum is highly coiled.
4. Secretin and cholecystokinin are digestive hormones. These are secreted by __________
Explanation: Duodenum is the widest shortest and most flexible part of small intestine. It forms a c shaped curve. It receives bile-pancreatic duct.
5. “Crypts of Lieberkuhn” are found in ___________
a) Gall bladder
Explanation: The cells of Crypts of Lieberkuhn secret intestinal juice as they gradually migrate along the side of the crypt and the villus. The glands are named after German anatomist J.N Lieberkuhn.
6. The food that enters the intestine from stomach is called ___________
Explanation: Chyme is a semi fluid mass of partly digested food that is expelled from stomach through pyloric valve into duodenum.
7. In which of the following putrefying bacteria are present?
Explanation: Colon is found in large intestine. It is a long sized sacculated structure which is differentiated into4 regions. They are ascending colon, transverse colon, descending colon and sigmoid colon.
8. Which among the following is vestigial in function?
b) Vermiform appendix
c) Peyer’s patch
d) Plicae circulares
Explanation: Vermiform appendix and Caecum are vestigial function. Since these are not involved in cellulose digestion.
9. ______ stores the temporary faeces.
Explanation: Rectum is slightly dilated part and concerned with temporary storage of faeces. It leads into anal canal which opens out by the anus.
10. Large intestine is divided into ____ parts.
Explanation: Large intestine is about 5feet long, shorter but it is wider. It forms an arc around small intestine. It is formed of 3 parts. They are caecum, colon and rectum.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy and Physiology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.