This set of Human Anatomy online quiz focuses on “Development of the Fetal Membranes and Placenta”.
1. The ____ is the primitive digestive tract or gut.
Explanation: Archenteron is the rudimentary alimentary cavity of an embryo at the gastrula stage. It develops into endoderm and mesoderm.
2. Umbilical arteries carry __ blood to the placenta.
c) mixed maternal and fetal
Explanation: Umbilical arteries carry Deoxygenated blood to placenta. The artery is named for the fetus side and the placental veins therefore return oxygenated blood to the fetus.
3. Placenta produces __________
d) Estrogen and progesterone
Explanation: Placenta produces Estrogen and progesterone. It also produces HCG and HPL hormones.
4. Placenta has fetal side and maternal side.
Explanation: Placenta has two distinct separate compartments. The fetal side consisting of the trophoblast and chorionic villi and maternal side consisting of the deciduas basalis.
5. When does the development of heart begin?
a) 1st week
b) 12th week
c) 5th week
d) 3rd week
Explanation: The heart and other organs start developing during 3rd week after conception. The baby’s brain and spinal cord will develop from neural tube.
6. Embryonic development includes first ___ of development.
b) 2 weeks
c) 2 Month
d) 9 months
Explanation: Embryogenesis is the process by which the embryo forms and develops. It starts with fertilization of egg cell by a sperm cell.
7. Development requires _____________
a) Gastrulation and neuralation
b) Cellular cleavage and fusion
c) Growth cellular differentiation and morphogenesis
d) Neurulation and induction
Explanation: Development requires Growth cellular differentiation and morphogenesis. Morphogenesis is a process that causes an organism to develop its shape.
8. During which stage do the three primary layers first appear?
Explanation: Gastrulation is a phase in embryonic development during which single layered blastula is reorganized into multilayered structure known as gastrula.
9. A newborn infant obtains maternal antibodies from _____________
Explanation: Colostrum is a form of milk produced by mammary gland of mammals during pregnancy. It contains antibodies to protect newborns from disease.
10. Human placenta is derived from _____________
d) allantois and chorion
Explanation: Human placenta is derived from Chorion. The chorion and amnion together forms amniotic sac.
11. The first movement of fetus and appearance of hair on head occurs during?
a) 5th month
b) 7th month
c) 2nd month
d) 9th month
Explanation: The first movement of fetus is seen between 16 and 25 weeks of pregnancy. It is called as quickening.
12. Which one of the following is not a placental hormone?
Explanation: Melatonin is not a placental hormone. It is secreted by the Pineal gland.
13. Mother’s milk during lactation is rich in _________
Explanation: IgA is an antibody that plays a major role in immune function of mucous membranes. Mother’s milk is rich in IgA antibody to protect the new born.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy for online Quizzes, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.