This set of Human Physiology Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Neural Control and Coordination – Sense Organs”.
1. The inner most layer of human eye is _____
Explanation: Retina is the inner most layer of human eye. It is light sensitive layer. The retina converts the light rays into impulses that travel through the optic nerve to brain where they are interpreted as the image we see.
2. Color blindness is due to defect in ________
c) Rods and cons
Explanation: Color blindness is a reduced ability to distinguish between certain colors. It is a very common defect. Color blindness is due to defect in cones.
3. The purplish red pigment rhodopsin contained in rods type of photoreceptor cell is a derivative of ______
a) Vitamin B1
b) Vitamin C
c) Vitamin D
d) Vitamin A
Explanation: Rhodopsin is derivative of vitamin A. Vitamin A includes retinol, retinal and carotenoids. Rhodopsin is a light sensitive receptor protein involved in visual photo transduction.
4. Color perception in man is due to _______
a) Rhodopsin present in rod cells
b) Iodopsin present in cone cells
c) Rhodopsin present in cone cells
d) Iodopsin present in rod cells
Explanation: Iodopsin is present in cone cells. Iodopsin consists of the protein component and a bound chromophore, retinal.
5. Organ of Corti helps in ________
b) Maintaining equilibrium
d) Formation of wax
Explanation: Organ of Corti helps in hearing. It is a spiral organ and receptor organ for hearing and is located in cochlea.
6. Which is thickened to form organ of Corti?
a) Basilar membrane
b) Reissner’s membrane
c) Tectorail membrane
d) Epithelial cells
Explanation: The basilar membrane within cochlea of inner ear is a stiff structural element that separates two liquid filled tubes that run along the coil of cochlea. Basilar membrane is thickened to form the organ of Corti.
7. A person goes to ophthalmologist. He has a problem of reading books because he is not able to contract his ________
b) Suspensory ligament
d) Ciliary muscles
Explanation: Ciliary muscles are a ring of smooth muscle in the eyes. It controls accommodation for viewing objects at varying distances and regulates a flow of aqueous humour into Sclemm’s canal.
8. Eustachian tube connects ________
a) Pharynx with middle ear
b) Middle ear with external ear
c) Middle ear with external ear
d) External ear with internal ear
Explanation: Eustachian tube connects Pharynx with the middle ear. It controls pressure within the middle ear, making it equal with the air pressure outside the body.
9. Which of the following animal produces high frequency sound?
Explanation: Bat produces high frequency sound. The frequency of bat sound is much higher than humans so humans can’t hear it. Bats are echolocation producing animals.
10. Aqueous and vitreous humours are divided by ________
d) Optic nerve
Explanation: Aqueous humours fill both anterior and posterior chambers of the eye. Vitreous humours are a clear gelatinous mass found in rear part of eyeball. Aqueous and vitreous humours are divided by lens.
11. Organ of Ruffini is sensitive to __________
Explanation: Organ of Ruffini is sensitive to heat. It is also referred as bulbus or ruffini corpuscles.
12. Which of the following prevents internal reflection of light inside the eye?
Explanation: Choroid is a vascular layer of the eye containing connective tissue and lying between retina and sclera. Choroid prevents internal reflection of light inside the eye.
13. In which of the following only cone cells are found?
a) Fovea centralis
c) Fossa ovalis
d) Blind spot
Explanation: Fovea centralis is a small central it composed of closely packed cones in the eye. It is located in the centre of the macula lutea of the retina.
14. Ora serrata is _______
a) Present in ear
b) Oral cavity of protochordates
c) Gland present in oral cavity
d) A part of third wall in retina of eye
Explanation: Ora serrata is the serrated junction between the retina and the ciliary body. Ora serrata is part of third wall in retina of eye.
15. Sense of smell is perceived by __________
c) Olfactory lobe
Explanation: Sense of smell is perceived by Olfactory lobe. It is seen in the cerebrum. It contains the ending of olfactory nerves.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy and Physiology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Participate in Human Anatomy and Physiology Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Take Human Anatomy and Physiology Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10