This set of Human Anatomy Interview Questions and Answers for freshers focuses on “Foot & Bones of the Lower Extremity”.
1. How many bones does ankle has?
Explanation: Ankle also called as tarsus has seven bones called tarsal’s. It is arranged in three rows having gliding joints.
2. Thumb (great toe) of foot is called_______
Explanation: Thumb of foot is called as hallux.T he first digit of the forearm is called pollex.
3. Foot is formed of 4 parts.
Explanation: Foot is formed of 3 parts. Ankle, sole and toes.
4. The toe bones are called as ____________
Explanation: Toes are with 14 bones called phalanges. Phalangel formula of foot of man is 2,3,3,3,3.
5. What is sole bone known as?
Explanation: Sole is with 5 metatarsals. it is called as metatarsus.
6. The pelvic girdles of a female are more flexible broader and shallower than those of male.
Explanation: The pelvic girdles of a female are more flexible broader and shallower than those of male. It is an adaption for pregnancy and parturition.
7. Joint of femur with pelvic girdle is_______
a) Ball and socket
Explanation: Femur is the longest bone of human body. It is differentiated into 3 parts head shaft and condyle. It joins pelvic girdle by ball and socket joint.
8. _______ acts as a shock absorber to cushion when tibia and femur come together.
Explanation: Cartilage is a connective tissue found in many parts of the body. This fine rubbery tissue acts as a cushion between the bones of the joints.
9. The total number of bones in lower extremity is___________
Explanation: The total number of bones in lower extremity is 62.
Pelvic girdle 2, Thighs 2, knee cap 2, lower legs 4, ankles 14, soles 10, toes 28.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.