This set of Human Anatomy Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Taste & Smell of Organs”.
1. The receptor absent in tongue is ____________
a) Thermo receptors
b) Gustato receptors
c) Photo receptors
d) Cannot be determined
Explanation: Photo receptors are sensitive to light. It is not seen in tongue. It is present in eyes.
2. Which taste bud is present on the lateral sides of the tongue?
Explanation: A man can perceive four basic modalities of taste i.e. sweet sour salty and bitter. Other tastes like pepper chocolate etc are experienced by a combination of two or more fundamental tastes.
3. How many types of lingual papillae are found lingual papillae?
Explanation: There are 3 types of lingual papillae found on the tongue. They are circumvallate papillae, Funfiform papillae and filliform papillae.
4. Which membrane connects tongue to the bottom of the mouth?
c) Lingual wall
d) Barrier reff
Explanation: Frenulum is a small fold of mucous membrane extending from floor of the mouth to midline of the underside of the tongue.
5. Which receptor is present in the nose?
a) Photo receptors
b) Telo receptors
c) Olfacto receptors
d) Phono receptors
Explanation: Olfacto receptors are present in the nose. It is narrow and spindle shaped. Life span is about 2months and is replaced by basal cells.
6. What are the two holes on the nose called?
b) Blow holes
Explanation: Nostril is one of the two holes in the nose through which we breathe smell and sneeze.
7. Bowman’s glands are found in_________
a) Olfactor epithelium
b) External auditory canal
c) Cortical nephron
Explanation: Bowman’s glands are olfactory glands situated in the olfactory mucosa beneath the olfactory epithelium. It consists of an acinus in the lamina propria and secretory duct going out through the olfactory epithelium.
8. What is behind the nose and connects with the back of the throat?
b) Nasal cavity
c) Nasal passage
d) Hard palate
Explanation: Nasal cavity is a large air filled space above and behind the nose in the middle of the face. It filters air entering body before it reaches the lungs.
9. Made out of thin piece of bone this wall separates nasal passages______
Explanation: The nasal septum is composed of five structures. It separates left and right airways in the nose.
10. Olfaction power decreases with the age.
Explanation: Nose is the sense organ of olfaction. Olfaction power decreases with the age due to the reduction in number of olfactory cells.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy and Physiology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.