This set of Human Anatomy Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Mouth, Esophagus & Stomach”.
1. How many types of teeth are present?
Explanation: Permanent teeth of man are 4 types. They are incisors, canines premolars and molars.
2. Which structure closes the internal nares during swallowing of food bolus?
Explanation: During solling the soft palate and the uvula moves up close off the nasopharynx preventing food from entering nasal cavity. When this process fails it results in nasal regurgitation.
3. Crown of teeth is covered by ________
Explanation: Enamel is the hardest and most highly mineralized substance of the body. It covers the outer layer of each tooth. Enamel is made up of minerals primarily hydroxypatite.
4. The dental formula of man is __________
a) i 2/2 c 1/1 pm 2/2 m 3/3
b) i 1/2 c 2/1 pm 2/2 m 3/3
c) i 1/1 c 1/2 pm 1/2 m 4/4
d) i 2/2 c 1/1 pm 3/2 m 2/3
Explanation: The dental formula indicates 2 incisors 1 canine 2 premolars and 3 molars on one side of upper mouth.
5. ph of saliva is ___________
Explanation: ph of saliva is slightly alkaline range. The ph of saliva is around 6.8 to 7.1.
6. Salivary amylase is also known as _________
Explanation: Digestion of carbohydrates begins from the mouth itself. It breaks starch into maltose and dextrin.
7. The esophagus connects _________
a) Mouth to throat
b) Throat to stomach
c) Mouth to stomach
d) Stomach to large intestine
Explanation: The esophagus is a muscular tube connecting the throat with a stomach. It is about 8 inches long.
8. The esophagus is also known as ________
a) Food pipe
b) Wind pipe
d) Voice box
Explanation: It is also known as gullet. It is an organ through which food passes. It is aided by peristaltic contractions.
9. The esophagus is _____ to the trachea.
Explanation: Esophagus is located posterior to trachea in neck and thoracic regions of the body and passes through the esophageal hiatus of diaphragm on its way to the stomach.
10. An opening in the diaphragm called ___ hiatus allows the esophagus to pss through and connects to the stomach.
Explanation: Esophageal hiatus is an opening in the diaphragm through esophagus and the vagus nerve pass. It connects diaphragm to the spine.
11. The stomach is formed of ___ parts.
Explanation: The stomach is formed of 3 parts. They are the cardiac stomach, phyloric antrum and fundic part.
12. Inner mucosa of the stomach is raised into large number of folds called as _________
Explanation: Inner mucosa of the stomach is raised into large number longitudinal of folds called as gastric rugae. These rugae dilate the stomach to store food and also increase the surface area of digestion.
13. Enzyme rennin used in digestion is secreted from __________
Explanation: Stomach is a muscular organ located on the left side of the upper abdomen. It receives food from e esophagus. Rennin is found in the stomach. It is an enzyme.
14. Which of the following hormone helps in secretion of HCL from stomach?
Explanation: Gastrin is a hormone that is produced by g cells in the lining of the stomach and upper small intestine. Gastrin stimulates the stomach to release gastric acid.
15. Gastric juice has ph of about ____
Explanation: The ph of gastric juice is acidic. They range between 1.5 to 2.5.
16. _______ sphincter prevents regurgitation of food from the stomach?
b) Sphincter of oddi
c) Bimitral valve
Explanation: Cardiac sphincter prevents acidic content of stomach from moving upward into the food pipe. It is found at the lower end of the esophagus.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy and Physiology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.