This set of Human Physiology Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Pancreas”.
1. Which part of pancreas produce and secrete insulin?
b) Bowman’s capsule
c) Islets of Langerhans
d) Loop of Henle
Explanation: Islets of Langerhans are present in pancreas. It contains many types of cells that produces insulin hormone.
2. Alpha cells are found in ____ of the islet while beta cells are usually found in the ____ of the islet.
a) Periphery, center
b) Center, periphery
c) Equally in both regions, periphery
d) Periphery, Equally in both regions
Explanation: Alpha cells are found in the Periphery of the islet while beta cells are usually found in the center of the islet. It secretes hormones.
3. Secretion of pancreatic juice is stimulated by ___________
Explanation: Pancreatic juice is produced by the pancreas. It is alkaline in nature. Secretin helps to stimulate pancreas to produce pancreatic juice which helps in digestion.
4. Which of the following is the common passage for bile and pancreatic juice?
a) Duct of oddi
d) Duct of Wirsung
Explanation: Ampulla is the common passage for bile and pancreatic juice. It then moves into the small intestine for the digestion process.
5. Principal fat digesting enzyme is in pancreatic juice.
Explanation: Pancreatic juice helps in digestion of fat. It contains enzymes. It also helps in digestion of proteins and carbohydrates.
6. The pancreatic juice which aids digestion is secreted into?
Explanation: Duodenum is the initial part of the intestine and is a vital organ for digestion. The pancreatic juice is drained into the duodenum via pancreatic duct.
7. A person can survive without pancreas.
Explanation: A person can survive without a pancreas. The most common reason for removing the organ is cancer. Insulin and pancreatic enzyme are given as supplements.
8. Which cells produce insulin?
a) Alpha cells
b) Beta cells
c) Delta cells
d) F cells
Explanation: Alpha cells are present in Islets of Langerhans. They make up to 20% of human islet cells and synthesize insulin hormone.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy and Physiology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.