This set of Human Physiology Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Peripheral Nervous System”.
1. In peripheral nervous system the nerves that arise from spinal cord and brain are called as _____________
a) Spinal nerves
b) Cranial nerves
c) Temporal nerves
d) Frontal nerves
Explanation: Cranial nerve arises from brain and not from the spinal cord and it pass through separate aperture in the skill. They are named according to their structure and functions.
2. Peripheral nervous system of human as ____ pairs of spinal nerves.
Explanation: Peripheral nervous system of human as 31 pairs of spinal nerves. They have different structure and functions.
3. Preganglionic neurons lie within _____________
b) Parasympathetic nervous system
c) Peripheral nervous system
d) Sympathetic nervous system
Explanation: Preganglionic neurons originate from brain stem or in the spinal cord. Preganglionic neurons lie within central nervous system.
4. Spinal cord and brain are wrapped in protective membranes known as ___________
a) Nodes of Ranvier
d) Mylein sheath
Explanation: Meninges are three protective layer of tissues. The Meninges of the brain and spinal cord are continuous being linked through the magnum foramen.
5. Which of the following is not a part of peripheral nervous system?
a) Cranial nerve
c) Spinal nerve
d) Spinal cord
Explanation: Peripheral nervous system lies outside the brain and spinal cord. Spinal cord is not a part of peripheral nervous system.
6. Which of the following cells is found in peripheral nervous system?
a) Schwann cells
Explanation: Schwann cells are found in peripheral nervous system. It is also called as neurilemma cell. It produced myelin sheath.
7. Bipolar neurons have ___________
a) Two axons
b) One axon and one dendrite
c) One axon and one presynaptic terminal
d) Two presynaptic terminals
Explanation: Bipolar neurons as two extensions, it is a specialized sensory neurons for the transmission of special senses.
8. White matter consists of _____________
a) Neuron cell bodies
b) Unmyelinated axons and neuron cell bodies
c) Myelinated axons
d) Unmyelinated dendrites
Explanation: White matter consists of Myelinated axons. It is a tissue present in the brain.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy and Physiology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.