This set of Human Physiology Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Hind Brain”.
1. Which part of brain is concerned with the regulation of body temperatures?
a) Medulla oblongata
Explanation: Hypothalamus contains small nuclei with a variety of functions. It links nervous system to the endocrine system via pituitary gland.
2. Comprehension of written and spoken words takes place in the region of _________
a) Wernicke’s area
b) Broca’s area
c) Motor area
d) Association area
Explanation: Wernicke’s area is a region of brain that is important for language development. It is located in the temporal lobe on the left side of the brain.
3. The decoding and interpretation of visual information are carried by ________
a) Parietal lobe
b) Frontal lobe
c) Occipital lobe
d) Temporal lobe
Explanation: Occipital lobe is a visual processing centre of brain containing most of the anatomical region of the visual cortex. It is one of the most major lobes in cerebral cortex.
4. Arbor vitae are a part of____________
d) Fore brain
Explanation: Arbor vitae serves crucial function in the brain. It is white in appearance and serves to bring sensory and motor information to the cerebellum.
5. Hind brain contains ____ major parts.
Explanation: Hind brain contains three major parts. They are Pons, cerebellum and medulla oblongata.
6. Which function is associated with pons?
a) Sleep, arousal and the relay of the information
b) Emotion memory and audition
c) Color perception, depth perception
d) Pain perception vision and audition
Explanation: Pons is the major part of the brain. It is involved in the control of breathing and communication between different parts of the brain.
7. Which is the largest part of the brain?
Explanation: Cerebrum is the largest part of the brain. It consists of cerebral cortex and subcortical structures. It is the uppermost region of the central nervous system.
8. Which part of the brain is present on the top portion of medulla in hindbrain?
c) Frontal lobe
d) Parietal lobe
Explanation: Pons is present on the top portion of medulla in hindbrain. It helps in breathing control.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy and Physiology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.