This set of Human Physiology Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Stomach”.
1. Which of the following cells produces HCL?
a) Beta cells
b) Oxyntic cells
c) Chief cells
d) Alpha cells
Explanation: Oxyntic cells are also known as parietal cells. They are located in the gastric glands found in the lining of the fundus and in the body of the stomach.
2. The gastric juice contains _________
a) Trypsin, pepsin, lipase
b) Pepsin, lipase, rennin
c) Pepsin, amylase, trypsin
d) Trypsin, pepsin, rennin
Explanation: The gastric juice contains Pepsin, lipase, rennin. They are the enzymes which helps in breaking down of food.
3. Digestion of protein is completed in _________
d) Duodenum and Ileum
Explanation: Digestion of protein is completed in Duodenum. Duodenum is the part of small intestine. Different enzymes act on food so that it gets digested.
4. Enzyme rennin is secreted by _________
Explanation: Rennin is the enzyme secreted by stomach. It helps in digestion of milk.
5. Jaundice is the disorder of ______________
a) Excretory system
b) Digestive system
c) Circulatory system
d) Skin and eyes
Explanation: Jaundice is the disorder of digestive system. Jaundice occurs when there is too much bilirubin in the system.
6. Which of the following convert’s pepsinogen to the active form of pepsin in the stomach?
d) Chef cells
Explanation: Hcl present in the stomach converts inactive pepsinogen into active pepsin. It helps in digestion of proteins.
7. Secretion of Gastric juice is stimulated by
Explanation: Gastrin stimulates secretion of gastric juice. It is a peptide hormone. It is released by G cells in pyloric antrum of the stomach.
8. Obesity is defined as a body weight of more than 20% above the ideal weight.
Explanation: Obesity is a disorder involving excessive body fat that increased the risk of health problems. It is different from being overweight.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Human Anatomy and Physiology.
To practice all areas of Human Anatomy and Physiology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.