This set of Computer Networks Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Telnet – 1”.
1. The application layer protocol used by a Telnet application is ________
Explanation: Telnet is an application layer protocol that provides access to the command-line interface on a remote host. Telnet stands for teletype network.
2. Which amongst the following statements is correct for “character at a time” mode?
a) Character processing is done on the local system under the control of the remote system
b) Most text typed is immediately sent to the remote host for processing
c) All text is echoed locally, only completed lines are sent to the remote host
d) All text is processed locally, and only confirmed lines are sent to the remote host
Explanation: In character at a time mode, the typed text is sent immediately to the remote host while the user is typing. Another mode used in Telnet is “Old line by line” mode in which only completed lines are sent to the remote host.
3. _______ allows you to connect and login to a remote computer
Explanation: Telnet provides access to the command-line interface on a remote computer. One can login to the computer from the command-line interface.
4. What is the correct syntax to be written in the web browser to initiate a Telnet connection to www.sanfoundry.com?
d) telnet www.sanfoundry.com
Explanation: telnet://” is the header to be used to initiate a Telnet connection to a web server. One can browse the website using telnet if they are authorized to.
5. Telnet is used for _______
a) Television on net
b) Network of Telephones
c) Remote Login
d) Teleshopping site
Explanation: Telnet is an application layer protocol that provides access to the command line interface of a remote computer that can be used to perform remote login.
6. Which one of the following is not correct?
a) telnet is a general purpose client-server program
b) telnet lets user access an application on a remote computer
c) telnet can also be used for file transfer
d) telnet can be used for remote login
Explanation: File Transfer Protocol is used for file transfer. Telnet provides access to the command-line interface on a remote host.
7. Which operating mode of telnet is full duplex?
a) default mode
b) server mode
c) line mode
d) character mode
Explanation: In line mode, terminal character processing is done on the client side but editing is enabled on the server side. Line mode reduces the number of packets and is useful for long delay networks.
8. If we want that a character be interpreted by the client instead of server _________
a) interpret as command (IAC) escape character has to be used
b) control functions has to be disabled
c) it is not possible
d) cli character has to be used
Explanation: The client must look at each byte that arrives and look for IAC escape character. If IAC is found, the client moves on to look for any other code or IAC. If the next byte is IAC – a single byte is presented by the client to the terminal. If IAC is followed by any other code than IAC, the client interprets this as a command.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Networks.
To practice all areas of Computer Networks, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Networks
- Participate in Computer Networks Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Networks
- Take Computer Networks Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Buy Computer Network Books
- Practice MCA MCQs
- Buy Computer Science Books
- Apply for Computer Science Internship
- Practice Computer Science MCQs