This set of Computer Networks Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Bluetooth”.
1. An interconnected collection of piconet is called ___________
Explanation: Piconet is the basic unit of a bluetooth system having a master node and upto seven active slave nodes. A collection of piconets is called scatternet and a slave node of a piconet may act as a master in a piconet that is part of the scatternet.
2. In a piconet, there can be up to ________ parked nodes in the network.
Explanation: A slave node in a piconet can be instructed by the master node to go into parked mode. Then the slave node enters the parked mode in which the node is not disconnected from the network but is inactive unless the master wakes it up.
3. Bluetooth is the wireless technology for __________
a) local area network
b) personal area network
c) metropolitan area network
d) wide area network
Explanation: Bluetooth is a wireless technology used to create a wireless personal area network for data transfer up to a distance of 10 meters. It operates on 2.45 GHz frequency band for transmission.
4. Bluetooth uses __________
a) frequency hopping spread spectrum
b) orthogonal frequency division multiplexing
c) time division multiplexing
d) channel division multiplexing
Explanation: Frequency hopping spread spectrum is a method of transmitting radio signals by rapidly changing the carrier frequency and is controlled by the codes known to the sender and receiver only.
5. Unauthorised access of information from a wireless device through a bluetooth connection is called _________
Explanation: Unauthorised access of information from a wireless device through a bluetooth connection is called Bluesnarfing. It is done through exploiting the vulnerabilities of the Bluetooth device to steal the transmitted information.
6. What is A2DP (advanced audio distribution profile)?
a) a bluetooth profile for streaming audio
b) a bluetooth profile for streaming video
c) a bluetooth profile for security
d) a bluetooth profile for file management
Explanation: A2DP stands for Advanced Audio Distribution Profile is a transfer standard use to transmit high definition audio through Bluetooth. It is mainly used in Bluetooth speakers and wireless headphones.
7. In a piconet, one master device ________
a) can not be slave
b) can be slave in another piconet
c) can be slave in the same piconet
d) can be master in another piconet
Explanation: In a scatternet, a slave node of one piconet may act as a master in a piconet that is part of the scatternet. The scatternet uses this property to connect many piconets together to create a larger network.
8. Bluetooth transceiver devices operate in ______ band.
a) 2.4 GHz ISM
b) 2.5 GHz ISM
c) 2.6 GHz ISM
d) 2.7 GHz ISM
Explanation: Bluetooth operates on 2.45 GHz frequency ISM band for transmission. It is used to create a wireless personal area network for data transfer up to a distance of 10 meters.
9. Bluetooth supports _______
a) point-to-point connections
b) point-to-multipoint connection
c) both point-to-point connections and point-to-multipoint connection
d) multipoint to point connection
Explanation: In Bluetooth, each slave node communicates with the master of the piconet independently i.e. each master-slave connection is independent. The slave is not allowed to communicate with other slaves directly.
10. A scatternet can have maximum __________
a) 10 piconets
b) 20 piconets
c) 30 piconets
d) 40 piconets
Explanation: A scatternet can have maximum of 10 piconets and minimum of 2 piconets. To connect these piconets, a slave node of one piconet may act as a master in a piconet that is part of the scatternet.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Networks.
To practice all areas of Computer Networks, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Networks
- Participate in Computer Networks Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Networks
- Take Computer Networks Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Practice MCA MCQs
- Buy Computer Science Books
- Practice Computer Science MCQs
- Apply for Computer Science Internship
- Apply for Computer Network Internship