This set of Computer Networks Question Bank focuses on “Network Management”.
1. Complex networks today are made up of hundreds and sometimes thousands of _________
Explanation: Complex networks today are made up of hundreds and sometimes thousands of components. For effective functioning of these thousands of components, good network management is essential.
2. Performance management is closely related to _________
a) Proactive Fault Management
b) Fault management
c) Reactive Fault Management
d) Preventive Fault Management
Explanation: Fault management is really closely related to performance management. It is important to ensure that the network handles faults as effectively as it handles it’s normal functioning to achieve better performance management.
3. Configuration management can be divided into two subsystems: reconfiguration and __________
Explanation: The documentation subsystem of configuration management handles the log making and reporting functions of the configuration management. It also reports the errors in the network caused by the configuration’s failure.
4. In Network Management System, the term that is responsible for controlling access to network based on predefined policy is called ___________
a) Fault Management
b) Secured Management
c) Active Management
d) Security Management
Explanation: In Network Management System, the term that is responsible for controlling access to the network based on predefined policy is called security management. The security management ensures authentication, confidentiality and integrity in the network.
5. Control of users’ access to network resources through charges is the main responsibility of ______________
a) Reactive Fault Management
b) Reconfigured Fault Management
c) Accounting Management
d) Security Management
Explanation: Control of users’ access to network resources through charges is the main responsibility of accounting management. The accounting management creates a log of the users activity on the network too and goes hand-in-hand with the configurations management.
6. The physical connection between an end point and a switch or between two switches is __________
a) Transmission path
b) Virtual path
c) Virtual circuit
d) Transmission circuit
Explanation: The physical connection between an end point and a switch or between two switches is transmission path. The transmission path is the physical roadway that the packet needs to propagate in order to travel through the network.
7. Which of the following networks supports pipelining effect?
a) Circuit-switched networks
b) Message-switched networks
c) Packet-switched networks
d) Stream-switched networks
Explanation: Packet switched network is most preferred for pipelining process. Pipelining exponentially reduces the time taken to transmit a large number of packets in the network.
8. In Network Management System, maps track each piece of hardware and its connection to the _________
a) IP Server
Explanation: Network is the main entity connecting different components in a place. A network map is made to track each component and its connection to the network to ensure better network management.
9. MIB is a collection of groups of objects that can be managed by __________
Explanation: MIB stands for Management Information Base. Simple network management controls the group of objects in management information base. It is usually used with SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol).
10. A network management system can be divided into ___________
a) three categories
b) five broad categories
c) seven broad categories
d) ten broad categories
Explanation: The five broad categories of network management are
• Fault Management
• Configuration Management
• Accounting (Administration)
• Performance Management
• Security Management.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Networks.
To practice Computer Networks Question Bank, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Networks
- Participate in Computer Networks Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Networks
- Take Computer Networks Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Computer Network Internship
- Buy Computer Science Books
- Practice Computer Science MCQs
- Practice MCA MCQs
- Buy Computer Network Books