This set of Computer Networks Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “IPv4 Addressing”.
1. Which of these is not applicable for IP protocol?
b) Offer reliable service
c) Offer unreliable service
d) Does not offer error reporting
Explanation: IP does not provide reliable delivery service for the data. It’s dependent upon the transport layer protocols like TCP to offer reliability.
2. Which of the following demerits does Fragmentation have?
a) Complicates routers
b) Open to DOS attack
c) Overlapping of fragments
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Fragmentation makes the implementation of the IP protocol complex and can also be exploited by attackers to create a DOS attack such as a teardrop attack. Fragmentation won’t be required if the transport layer protocols perform wise segmentation.
3. Which field helps to check rearrangement of the fragments?
Explanation: The Fragment Offset field specifies where the fragment fits in the original datagram. The offset of the first fragment will always be 0. The size of the field (13 bits) is 3-bits shorter than the size of the total length field (16 bits).
4. In classless addressing, there are no classes but addresses are still granted in ______
Explanation: In classless addressing, there are no classes but addresses are still granted in blocks. The total number of addresses in a block of classless IP addresses = 2(32 – CIDR_value).
5. In IPv4 Addresses, classful addressing is replaced with ________
a) Classless Addressing
b) Classful Addressing
c) Classful Advertising
d) Classless Advertising
Explanation: Classful addressing is replaced with classless addressing as a large ratio of the available addresses in a class in calssful addressing is wasted. In classless addressing, one can reserve the number of IP addresses required by modifying the CIDR value and make sure that not many addresses are wasted.
6. First address in a block is used as network address that represents the ________
a) Class Network
Explanation: First address in a block is used as network address that represents the organization. The network address can be found by AND’ing any address in the block by the default mask. The last address in a block represents the broadcast address.
7. In classful addressing, a large part of available addresses are ________
Explanation: In classful addressing, a large part of available addresses are wasted. Thus to solve this classful addressing is replaced with classless addressing where one can reserve the number of IP addresses required by modifying the CIDR value and make sure that not many addresses are wasted.
8. Network addresses are a very important concept of ________
c) IP Addressing
d) Classless Addressing
Explanation: Network addresses are a very important concept of IP addressing. The first address in a block is used as network address that represents the organization. The network address can be found by AND’ing any address in the block or class by the default mask.
9. Which of this is not a class of IP address?
a) Class E
b) Class C
c) Class D
d) Class F
Explanation: Class F is not a class of IP addressing. There are only five classes of IP addresses: Class A (0.0.0.0 to 127.255.255.255), Class B (184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11), Class C (192.0.0.0 to 18.104.22.168), Class D (22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199), and Class E (240.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255).
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Networks.
To practice all areas of Computer Networks for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Networks
- Participate in Computer Networks Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Networks
- Take Computer Networks Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10