This set of Computer Networks Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “IPv4 Addressing”.
1. Which of these is not applicable for IP protocol?
b) Offer reliable service
c) Offer unreliable service
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: IP offers unreliable service.
2. Fragmentation has following demerits
a) Complicates routers
b) Open to DOS attack
c) Overlapping of fragments
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Fragmentation makes the implementation complex and also can create DOS attack.
3. Which field helps to check rearrangement of the fragments?
Explanation: offset field specifies where the fragment fits in the original datagram.
4. In classless addressing, there are no classes but addresses are still granted in
Explanation: In classless addressing, there are no classes but addresses are still granted in blocks.
5. In IPv4 Addresses, classful addressing is replaced with
a) Classless Addressing
b) Classful Addressing
c) Classful Advertising
d) Classless Advertising
Explanation: Classful addressing is replaced with classless addressing.
6. First address in a block is used as network address that represents the
a) Class Network
Explanation: First address in a block is used as network address that represents the organization.
7. In classful addressing, a large part of available addresses are
Explanation: In classful addressing, a large part of available addresses are wasted.
8. Network addresses are very important concepts of
c) IP Addressing
d) Classless Addressing
Explanation: Network addresses are very important concepts of IP addressing.
9. Which of this is not a class of IP address?
Explanation: Class F is not a class of IP addressing.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Networks.
To practice all areas of Computer Networks for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.