This set of Computer Networks Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “IPSecurity”.
1. IPSec is designed to provide security at the _________
a) Transport layer
b) Network layer
c) Application layer
d) Session layer
Explanation: IPSec is a set of protocols used to provide authentication, data integrity and confidentiality between two machines in an IP network. In the TCP/IP model, it provides security at the IP layer i.e. the network layer.
2. In tunnel mode, IPSec protects the ______
a) Entire IP packet
b) IP header
c) IP payload
d) IP trailer
Explanation: In the tunnel mode, IPSec adds control bits into the packets to encrypt the entire packet between the IPSec endpoints. Using encryption, it provides secure communication between the two endpoints.
3. Which component is included in IP security?
a) Authentication Header (AH)
b) Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
c) Internet key Exchange (IKE)
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: AH ensures that there is no retransmission of data from an unauthorized source, and protects against data tampering. ESP provides with content protection and ensures that there is integrity and confidentiality for the message. IKE is used to make sure that only the intended sender and receiver can access the message.
4. WPA2 is used for security in _______
Explanation: WPA2 or WiFi Protected Access 2 is a security protocol used to provide users and firms with strong data security and protection for their wireless networks (WiFi) to give them confidence that only authorized users can access their network.
5. An attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users is called ______
a) Denial-of-service attack
b) Virus attack
c) Worms attack
d) Botnet process
Explanation: In a Denial of Service attack, the attacker won’t let the victims access the network by using a certain method that ensures that an essential network resource is unavailable to the victim. The methods that the attacker can use are vulnerability attack, bandwidth flooding and connection flooding.
6. Extensible authentication protocol is authentication framework frequently used in ______
a) Wired personal area network
b) Wireless networks
c) Wired local area network
d) Wired metropolitan area network
Explanation: The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is an authentication protocol used to connect a network node to the Internet. It designed through extending the methods used by the Point-to-Point Protocol for authentication.
7. Pretty good privacy (PGP) is used in ______
a) Browser security
b) Email security
c) FTP security
d) WiFi security
Explanation: PGP is an encryption method used in e-mail security to encrypt and decrypt the content of an e-mail transmitted over the internet. It makes sure that the message cannot be stolen by other unauthorized users.
8. PGP encrypts data by using a block cipher called ______
a) International data encryption algorithm
b) Private data encryption algorithm
c) Internet data encryption algorithm
d) Local data encryption algorithm
Explanation: The IDEA was designed in 1991 by Xuejia Lai and James Massey. Before IDEA, PGP used the cipher method BassOmatic.
9. When a DNS server accepts and uses incorrect information from a host that has no authority giving that information, then it is called _________
a) DNS lookup
b) DNS hijacking
c) DNS spoofing
d) DNS authorizing
Explanation: In DNS spoofing, also known as DNS cache poisoning, an attacker gets the valid credentials from a victim by spoofing the intended resource, and tricking the victim to give his/her valid authorization credentials.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Networks.
To practice all areas of Computer Networks, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Networks
- Participate in Computer Networks Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Networks
- Take Computer Networks Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Buy Computer Network Books
- Practice MCA MCQs
- Buy Computer Science Books
- Practice Computer Science MCQs
- Apply for Computer Science Internship