This set of Computer Networks Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “EIGRP”.
1. EIGRP is a routing protocol design by Cisco.
Explanation: EIGRP stands for Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol is a routing protocol designed by Cisco. It is available only on Cisco routers.
2. EIGRP metric is ________
b) Bandwidth only
c) Hop Count
d) Delay only
Explanation: EIGRP metric is K-values which are integers from 0 to 128. They are used to calculate the overall EIGRP cost with bandwidth and delay metrics.
3. EIGRP can support ____________
b) Auto summary
c) Unequal cast load balancing
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: EIGRP supports variable and fixed length subnetting, Auto summary, and Unequal cast load balancing to provide efficient routing functionality on Cisco routers.
4. EIGRP sends a hello message after every ___________ seconds.
a) 5 seconds (LAN), 60 seconds (WAN)
b) 5 seconds (LAN), 5 seconds (WAN)
Explanation: EIGRP routers broadcast the hello packets frequently to familiarize with the neighbors. EIGRP routers send the hello message after every 5 seconds on LAN, and every 60 seconds on WAN.
5. Administrative distance for internal EIGRP is ______
Explanation: Routers use the metric of administrative distance to select the best path when there are different routes to the same destination from two different routing protocols as it is a measure of reliability of routing protocols. Administrative distance for internal EIGRP is 90.
6. The EIGRP metric values include:
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The EIGRP metric values are Delay, Bandwidth, and MTU. MTU stands for Maximum Transmission Unit. They are combined together to give the overall EIGRP cost in K-values.
7. For default gateway, which of following commands will you use on a Cisco router?
a) IP default network
b) IP default gateway
c) IP default route
d) Default network
Explanation: IP default network command is used to find the default gateway in Cisco router. If the router finds routes to the node, it considers the routes to that node for installation as the gateway to it.
8. Administrative distance for external EIGRP route is _______
Explanation: Routers use the metric of administrative distance to select the best path when there are different routes to the same destination from two different routing protocols as it is a measure of reliability of routing protocols. Administrative distance for external EIGRP is 170.
9. EIGRP uses the ____________ algorithm for finding shortest path.
Explanation: EIGRP uses the DUAL algorithm for finding shortest path. DUAL stands for diffusing update algorithm and it is used to prevent routing loops by recalculating routes globally.
10. In EIGRP best path is known as the successor, where as backup path is known as __________
a) Feasible successor
b) Back-up route
c) Default route
d) There is no backup route in EIGRP
Explanation: Feasible successor is the backup path. The backup path is used alternatively used whenever the best path fails. It is not used primarily because it is comparatively expensive than the best path.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Networks.
To practice all areas of Computer Networks, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Computer Networks
- Participate in Computer Networks Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Computer Networks
- Take Computer Networks Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10