This set of Computer Networks Problems focuses on “P2P Applications”.
1. Which layer is responsible for process-to-process delivery?
a) Physical layer
b) Network layer
c) Transport layer
d) Application layer
Explanation: Transport layer is responsible for process-to-process delivery.
2. In process-to-process delivery, two processes communicate in which of the following methods?
c) Message Transfer
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: The most common method used for this communication is Client/Server.
3. Multiple processes on destinations at transport layer are identified by:
a) Mac address
b) Port number
c) Host number
d) Host address
Explanation: Multiple processes on destinations are identified by transport layer address also called as port number.
4. Range of port numbers in Internet model is
a) 0 and 32,765(8-bit)
b) 0 and 32,765(16-bit)
c) 0 and 65,535(32-bit)
d) 0 and 65,535(16-bit)
Explanation: Port numbers are 16-bit integers between 0 and 65,535.
5. According to Internet Assigned Numbers Authority(IANA), which of the following range is not a part of port number?
a) Well-known ports
b) Registered ports
c) Dynamic ports
d) Static ports
Explanation: IANA divided port number range in to three i.e., Well-known, Registered and Dynamic ports.
6. The combination of an IP address and port number is called as?
a) Socket address
b) Port address
c) MAC address
d) Host address
Explanation: Socket address is the combination of an IP address and port number.
7. Which of the following is false with respect to Connectionless service of transport layer protocol?
a) Packets are not numbered
b) Packets are not delayed
c) No acknowledgement
d) Packet may arrive out of sequence
Explanation: Packets in this method may be delayed or lost.
8. Correct order in the process of Connection-Oriented services is
1. Data transfer
2. Connection release
3. Connection establishment
Explanation: First connection should be established followed by data transfer and connection release.
9. In transport layer, Multiplexing is done at
b) Receiver site
c) Sender site
Explanation: Multiplexing is done before sending packets at sender site.
10. The process of error checking and dropping of the header, delivering messages to appropriate process based on port number is called as
a) Delivery of packets
b) Error correction
Explanation: Demultiplexing is the process of error checking and dropping of the header, delivering messages to appropriate process based on port number.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Networks.
To practice all areas of Computer Networks Problems, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.