This set of Computer Networks Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “AH and ESP Protocols”.
1. Which mode of IPsec should you use to assure security and confidentiality of data within the same LAN?
a) AH transport mode
b) ESP transport mode
c) ESP tunnel mode
d) AH tunnel mode
Explanation: ESP transport mode should be used to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data that is exchanged within the same LAN.
2. Which two types of encryption protocols can be used to secure the authentication of computers using IPsec?
a) Kerberos V5
Explanation: SHA or MD5 can be used. Kerberos V5 is an authentication protocol, not an encryption protocol; therefore, answer A is incorrect. Certificates are a type of authentication that can be used with IPsec, not an encryption protocol; therefore, answer B is incorrect.
3. Which two types of IPsec can be used to secure communications between two LANs?
a) AH tunnel mode
b) ESP tunnel mode
c) AH transport mode
d) ESP transport mode
Explanation: A tunnel mode IPsec should be used. Option c is for data transfer purpose, option d is for integrity & confidentiality purpose.
4. ______ provides authentication at the IP level.
Explanation: It provides integrity checking and anti-reply security.
5. IPsec defines two protocols: _______ and ________
a) AH; SSL
b) PGP; ESP
c) AH; ESP
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Authentication header and Encryption security payload.
6. IP Security operates in which layer of the OSI model?
Explanation: Network layer is mainly used for security purpose, so IPsec in mainly operates in network layer.
7. ESP provides
a) source authentication
b) data integrity
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: Encrypted security payload provides source, data integrity and privacy.
8. In computer security… means that computer system assets can be modified only by authorized parities.
Explanation: Integrity means that computer system assets can be modified only by authorized parities.
9. In computer security… means that the information in a computer system only be accessible for reading by authorized parities.
Explanation: Confidentiality means that the information in a computer system only be accessible for reading by authorized parities.
10. Which of the following organizations is primarily concerned with military encryption systems?
Explanation: The NSA is primarily responsible for military encryption systems. The NSA designs, evaluates, and implements encryption systems for the military and government agencies with high security needs.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Networks.
To practice all areas of Computer Networks for Experienced people, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.