This set of Biomedical Instrumentation Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Writing System”.
1. For faithful reproduction of the input signal linearity over the required range of signal, amplitudes must be satisfied by the individual parts of the system.
Explanation: For faithful reproduction of the input signal, three basic conditions must be satisfied by the individual parts of the system. These requirements are linearity over the required range of signal amplitudes and an adequate passband for the frequencies involved without producing any phase shift between the input and recorded signal.
2. CRO stands for _______
a) Common Ray Oscilloscope
b) Cathode Ray Oscilloscope
c) Cathode Ray Oscillator
d) Common Ray Oscillator
Explanation: Cathode ray oscilloscopes are widely used for the display of waveforms encountered in the medical field. These waveforms can be recorded from the CRO screen by running a photographic film through a recording camera fixed in front of the screen. Recorders are either of the single channel type or of the type which record several channels simultaneously.
3. Which of the following is not a passive transducer?
a) Strain gauge
b) Ultrasonic transducer
c) IR sensor
d) Doppler effect transducer
Explanation: Strain gauge transducer is an active transducer. Its working principle is based on a change in resistance. Ultrasonic transducers need power to operate. So do the IR sensors and doppler effect transducers.
4. _____________ refers to the degree of repeatability of a measurant.
Explanation: Precision refers to the degree of repeatability of a measurant. Accuracy describes the algebraic difference between the indicated value and the true or theoretical value of the measurand. Resolution is the ability of the transducer or sensor to see small differences in reading.
5. ____________ filter amplifies signals below a certain frequency.
a) band stop filter
b) high pass filter
c) band pass filter
d) low pass filter
Explanation: Low pass filter amplifies signals below a certain frequency. Band pass filter amplifies frequencies with in a certain band. Band stop filter amplifies all the frequencies except those in a certain band. High pass filter amplifies signal above a certain frequency.
6. Which of the following filter amplifies frequencies with a certain band?
a) band pass filter
b) band stop filter
c) low pass filter
d) high pass filter
Explanation: Band pass filter amplifies frequencies within a certain band. Band stop filter amplifies all the frequencies except those in a certain band. High pass filter amplifies signal above a certain frequency. Low pass filter amplifies signals below a certain frequency.
7. AAMI stands for ____________________
a) American Association of Medical Instrumentation
b) Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation
c) Association of American Medical Instrumentation
d) American Association of Measurement Instruments
Explanation: Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, USA is an association for propelling the advancement, and protected and powerful utilization of restorative innovation established in 1965 by Robert D. Corridor, Jr. what’s more, Robert J. Allen, President and Vice President individually of Tech/Reps, Inc. AAMI is an intentional association, and in spite of the fact that its suggested practices and gauges once in a while reverberate other social insurance rules, consistency with these models isn’t really required by administrative associations that review medicinal services offices.
8. A wavelet transform is almost always implemented as a bank of filters that decompose a signal into multiple signal bands.
Explanation: It is true. A wavelet transform is almost always implemented as a bank of filters that decompose a signal into multiple signal bands. Wavelets are a relatively new signal processing method. Thus, one of the biggest advantages of using the wavelet transform is that signal features can be easily extracted. In many cases, a wavelet transform outperforms the conventional FFT when it comes to feature extraction and noise reduction. predictable, and software simulations can exactly reflect product performance.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Biomedical Instrumentation.
To practice all areas of Biomedical Instrumentation, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Biomedical Instrumentation
- Participate in Biomedical Instrumentation Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Biomedical Instrumentation
- Take Biomedical Instrumentation Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Biotechnology Internship
- Buy Biomedical Instrumentation Books
- Practice Biotechnology MCQs
- Buy Biotechnology Books
- Apply for Biomedical Instrumentation Internship