This set of Biomedical Instrumentation Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Cardiac Monitor”.
1. Interruption or interference with normal physiological and developmental processes or structures is called _________
a) Functional Limitation
c) Societal Limitation
Explanation: Interruption or interference with normal physiological and developmental processes or structures is called Pathophysiology. Modality-Specific is a task that is specific to a single sense or movement pattern. Functional limitation is a restriction or lack of ability to perform an action in the manner or within the range consistent with the purpose of an organ or organ system.
2. For rehabilitation engineering perspective a task that is specific to a single sense or movement pattern is called ___________
a) Functional Limitation
b) Societal Limitation
Explanation: A task that is specific to a single sense or movement pattern is called Modality- Specific. Interruption or interference with normal physiological and developmental processes or structures is called Pathophysiology. Functional limitation is a restriction or lack of ability to perform an action in the manner or within the range consistent with the purpose of an organ or organ system.
3. An artificial limb, a sensory substitution system, or an augmentative communication aid is prosthetic devices __________
a) therapeutic device
b) diagnostics device
c) orthosis device
d) prosthetic device
Explanation: An appliance that substitutes for the loss of a particular function, generally by involving a different modality as an input and/or output channel. An artificial limb, a sensory substitution system, or an augmentative communication aid is prosthetic devices.
4. Aesthetics of appearance is called ____________
Explanation: Aesthetics of appearance is called cosmesis. Orthosis is a modality-specific appliance that aids the performance of a function or movement by augmenting or assisting the residual capabilities of that function or movement.
5. Filter that amplifies frequency above certain value is called ___________
a) low pass filter
b) high pass filter
c) band pass filter
d) band stop filter
Explanation: High pass filter amplifies signal above a certain frequency. Low pass filter amplifies signals below a certain frequency. Band pass filter amplifies frequencies within a certain band. Band stop filter amplifies all the frequencies except those in a certain band.
6. Transcutaneous means ________
a) passing to the skin
b) passing to the bones
c) passing to the heart
d) passing to the lungs
Explanation: Transcutaneous means passing to the skin. This term generally used with the type of surgical instrument to be used. It is also used to describe the interaction of rehabilitation devices.
7. Which of the following is not a soft tissue?
Explanation: Hard tissue, mineralized tissue, and calciﬁed tissue are often used as synonyms for bone when describing the structure and properties of bone or tooth. Biological soft tissues are nonlinear, anisotropic, ﬁbrous composites, and a detailed description of their behavior is the subject of active research. One can separate these tissues based on their mode of loading: cartilage is generally loaded in compression; tendons and ligaments are loaded in tension, and muscles generate active tension.
8. Blood vessels are _______
a) soft tissue
b) hard tissue
c) connective and hard tissue
d) connective and soft tissue
Explanation: Connective and soft tissue says blood is soft and connective tissue. Soft tissues include tendon, ligament, blood vessels etc. Hard tissues include bones.
9. Bones serve as a reservoir for calcium and phosphorus, essential minerals for various cellular activities which happen throughout the human body.
Explanation: True. Bones serve as a reservoir for calcium and phosphorus, essential minerals for various cellular activities that occurs throughout the body. The composition of bone depends on a large number of factors: the species, which bone, the location from which the sample is taken, and the age, sex, and type of bone tissue, for example, woven, cancellous, cortical.
10. Bones are non – living tissues.
Explanation: It is false. Bones are living tissues. They keep growing. They also are responsible for the production of blood cells and act a mineral reservoir in the body. They also play the role of protection of internal soft organs like the brain is protected by the skull and lungs and heart by the rib cage.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Biomedical Instrumentation.
To practice all areas of Biomedical Instrumentation, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Biomedical Instrumentation
- Participate in Biomedical Instrumentation Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Biomedical Instrumentation
- Take Biomedical Instrumentation Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Biotechnology Internship
- Buy Biomedical Instrumentation Books
- Buy Biotechnology Books
- Apply for Biomedical Instrumentation Internship
- Practice Biotechnology MCQs