This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Selection of a Life Cycle Model”.
b) Development team & Users
c) Project type and associated risk
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Each model has to have some requirements, a team of developers, users and the risk involved in developing a project.
2. Which two models doesn’t allow defining requirements early in the cycle?
a) Waterfall & RAD
b) Prototyping & Spiral
c) Prototyping & RAD
d) Waterfall & Spiral
Explanation: Prototyping Model starts with a requirements analysis phase including techniques like FAST, QFD, Brainstorming.In case of Spiral model the first phase involves activities related to customer communication like determining objectives.
3. Which of the following life cycle model can be chosen if the development team has less experience on similar projects?
d) Iterative Enhancement Model
Explanation: Relying on risk assessment/analysis provides more flexibility than required for many applications which overcomes the criteria of less experienced developers.
4. If you were a lead developer of a software company and you are asked to submit a project/product within a stipulated time-frame with no cost barriers, which model would you select?
Explanation: RAD model is inapplicable to develop cheaper products/software/projects as the cost of modeling, hiring highly skilled developers/designers and automated code generation is very high.But here the cost is not an issue, so one can select this model as it reduces development time.
a) Waterfall & Spiral
b) RAD & Spiral
c) RAD & Waterfall
d) RAD & Prototyping
Explanation: Active Participation of user is involved in all the four phases of RAD model and in case of the Prototyping model we need user’s presence/involvement every time a new prototype is build or designed.
6. A company is developing an advance version of their current software available in the market, what model approach would they prefer ?
b) Iterative Enhancement
c) Both RAD & Iterative Enhancement
7. One can choose Waterfall Model if the project development schedule is tight.
Explanation: Real projects rarely follow the sequential flow and iterations in this model are handled indirectly. This changes can cause confusion as the project proceeds thereby delaying the delivery date.
8. Choose the correct option from given below:
a) Prototyping Model facilitates reusability of components
b) RAD Model Model facilitates reusability of components
c) Both RAD & Prototyping Model facilitates reusability of components
10. RAD Model has high reliability requirements.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.