This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Architectural Design”.
1. Architectural design is a creative process satisfying only functional-requirements of a system.
Explanation: In architectural design you design a system organization satisfying the functional and non-functional requirements of a system.
2. A ________ view shows the system hardware and how software components are distributed across the processors in the system.
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: A physical view is implemented by system engineers implementing the system hardware.
3. The UML was designed for describing _________
a) object-oriented systems
b) architectural design
d) Both object-oriented systems and Architectural design
Explanation: The UML was designed for describing object-oriented systems and, at the architectural design stage, you often want to describe systems at a higher level of abstraction.
4. Which of the following view shows that the system is composed of interacting processes at run time?
Explanation: This view is useful for making judgments about non-functional system characteristics such as performance and availability.
5. Which of the following is an architectural conflict?
a) Using large-grain components improves performance but reduces maintainability
b) Introducing redundant data improves availability but makes security more difficult
c) Localizing safety-related features usually means more communication so degraded performance
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: High availability architecture can be affected by several design factors that are required to be maintained to ensure that no single points of failure exist in such design.
6. Which of the following is not included in Architectural design decisions?
a) type of application
b) distribution of the system
c) architectural styles
d) testing the system
Explanation: Architectural design decisions include decisions on the type of application, the distribution of the system, the architectural styles to be used, and the ways in which the architecture should be documented and evaluated.
7. Architecture once established can be applied to other products as well.
Explanation: Systems in the same domain often have similar architectures that reflect domain concepts.
8. Which of the following pattern is the basis of interaction management in many web-based systems?
b) repository pattern
d) different operating system
Explanation: Model-View-Controller pattern is the basis of interaction management in many web-based systems.
9. What describes how a set of interacting components can share data?
b) architecture pattern
c) repository pattern
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: The majority of systems that use large amounts of data are organized around a shared database or repository.
10. Which view in architectural design shows the key abstractions in the system as objects or object classes?
Explanation: It is possible to relate the system requirements to entities in a logical view.
11. Which of the following is a type of Architectural Model?
a) Static structural model
b) Dynamic process model
c) Distribution model
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: All these models reflects the basic strategy that is used to structure a system.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.