This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Requirement Engineering”.
1. What are the types of requirements ?
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: All the mentioned traits are beneficial for an effective product to be developed.
2. Select the developer specific requirement ?
d) Both Potability and Maintainability
Explanation: Availability is user specific requirement.
3. Which one of the following is not a step of requirement engineering?
Explanation: Requirement Elicitation, Requirement Analysis, Requirement Documentation and Requirement Review are the four crucial process steps of requirement engineering.Design is in itself a different phase of Software Engineering.
4. FAST stands for
a) Functional Application Specification Technique
b) Fast Application Specification Technique
c) Facilitated Application Specification Technique
d) None of the mentioned
5. QFD stands for
a) quality function design
b) quality function development
c) quality function deployment
d) none of the mentioned
6. A Use-case actor is always a person having a role that different people may play.
Explanation: Use-case Actor is anything that needs to interact with the system, be it a person or another (external) system.
7. The user system requirements are the parts of which document ?
Explanation: Software requirements specification (SRS), is a complete description of the behaviour of a system to be developed and may include a set of use cases that describe interactions the users will have with the software.
8. A stakeholder is anyone who will purchase the completed software system under development.
Explanation: Stakeholders are anyone who has an interest in the project. Project stakeholders are individuals and organizations that are actively involved in the project, or whose interests may be affected as a result of project execution or project completion.
9. Conflicting requirements are common in Requirement Engineering, with each client proposing his or her version is the right one.
Explanation: This situation is seen in every field of work as each professional has his/her way of looking onto things & would argue to get his/her point approved.
10. Which is one of the most important stakeholder from the following ?
a) Entry level personnel
b) Middle level stakeholder
d) Users of the software
Explanation: Users are always the most important stakeholders.After all, without users or customers, what’s the point of being in business?.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.