This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Debugging Techniques and Approaches”.
1. What is testing process’ first goal?
a) Bug prevention
Explanation: Its better to prevent a bug rather than putting time in its testing and removal.
2. Software mistakes during coding are known as
Explanation: A software bug is an error, flaw, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result.
3. Name an evaluation technique to assess the quality of test cases.
a) Mutation analysis
d) Performance analysis
Explanation: Mutation analysis is used to design new software tests and evaluate the quality of existing software tests.
4. Test should be conducted for every possible
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: It increases the scope for code inspection.
5. Which of the following is not a part of bug report?
a) Test case
c) Software Version
Explanation: Line of code(LOC) is immaterial during testing, as it is an exhaustive process.
6. Which of the following is not a part of Execution Flow during debugging?
a) Step Over
b) Step Into
c) Step Up
d) Step Out
Explanation: Step Into executes code, Step Out continues execution until bound value and Step Over is to execute code without stopping.
7. Cyclomatic Complexity method comes under which testing method.
a) Yellow box
b) White box
c) Gray box
d) Black box
Explanation: Cyclomatic Complexity tells us about the number of independent paths in a program which is covered in white box testing.
8. Which is a black box testing technique appropriate to all levels of testing?
a) Acceptance testing
b) Regression testing
c) Equivalence partitioning
d) Quality assurance
Explanation: Equivalence partitioning is a software testing technique that divides the input data of a software unit into partitions of equivalent data from which test cases can be derived.
9. Which of the following is the way of ensuring that the tests are actually testing code?
a) Control structure testing
b) Complex path testing
c) Code coverage
d) Quality assurance of software
10. Effective testing will reduce _______ cost.
Explanation: Remaining options are a part of development process.
11. Which of the following is a common pointwer problem?
a) Data sharing errors
b) Accessing data elements of the wrong type
c) Attempting to use memory areas after freeing them
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: These are the common errors programmers make while coding.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.