This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Software Process and Product – 1”.
1. Which one of the following is not a software process quality?
Explanation: Portability is a software product quality which means software can run on different hardware platforms or software environments.
2. _____________&_____________ are two kinds of software products.
a) CAD, CAM
b) Firmware, Embedded
c) Generic, Customised
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: rest all are sub categories/applications of option c.
3. Software costs more to maintain than it does to develop.
Explanation: For systems with a long life, maintenance costs may be several times development costs.
4. Which one of the following is not an application of embedded software product?
a) keypad control of a security system
b) pattern recognition game playing
c) digital function of dashboard display in a car
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: Pattern recognition uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) software.
5. Purpose of process is to deliver software
a) in time
b) with acceptable quality
c) that is cost efficient
d) both in time & with acceptable quality
Explanation: Cost of a software is a management issue & is not related to process activities.
6. The work associated with software engineering can be categorized into three generic phases,regardless of application area, project size, or complexity namely the__________ phase which focuses on what, the_________ phase which focuses on how and the_________ phase which focuses on change.
a) 1, 2, 3
b) 2, 1, 3
c) 3, 2, 1
d) 3, 1, 2
7. Which of the following activities of a Generic Process framework provides a feedback report?
c) Modeling & Construction
Explanation: In Deployment the product is delivered to the customer who evaluates the product and provides feedback based on the evaluation.
8. Process adopted for one project is same as the process adopted from another project.
Explanation: the overall flow of activities, actions,tasks,the level of autonomy given to the software team and the inter dependencies among two process can never be the same.
9. Which one of the following is not an Umbrella Activity that complements the five process framework activities and help team manage and control progress, quality, change, and risk.
a) Reusability management
b) Risk management
d) User Reviews
10. Four types of change are encountered during the support phase.Which one of the following is not one that falls into such category?
Explanation: Translation is done in the development phase.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.