This set of Software Engineering Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “System Modelling – 2”.
1. Which of the following diagram is not supported by UML considering Data-driven modeling ?
b) Data Flow Diagram (DFD)
c) State Chart
Explanation: DFDs focus on system functions and do not recognize system objects.
2. _________________ allows us to infer that different members of classes have some common characteristics.
Explanation: Generalization is an everyday technique that we use to manage complexity.This means that common information will be maintained in one place only.
3. One creates Behavioral models of a system when you are discussing and designing the system architecture.
Explanation: Structural models of software display the organization of a system in terms of the components that make up that system and their relationships.
4. ______________ & ______________ diagrams of UML represent Interaction modeling.
a) Use Case, Sequence
b) Class, Object
c) Activity, State Chart
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Use case modeling is mostly used to model interactions between a system and external actors.Sequence diagrams are used to model interactions between system components, although external agents may also be included.
5. Which level of Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) models all entities and relationships ?
a) Level 1
b) Level 2
c) Level 3
d) Level 4
Explanation: Level 1 ERD models all data objects (entities) and their “connections” to one another while Level 3 ERD models all entities, relationships, and the attributes that provide further depth. Thus option b is correct.
6. ___________ classes are used to create the interface that the user sees and interacts with as the software is used.
Explanation: The answer is self-explanatory.
7. Which of the following statement is incorrect regarding the Class-responsibility-collaborator (CRC) modeling ?
a) All use-case scenarios (and corresponding use-case diagrams) are organized into categories in CRC modelling
b) The review leader reads the use-case deliberately
c) Only developers in the review (of the CRC model) are given a subset of the CRC model index cards
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: All participants in the review (of the CRC model) are given a subset of the CRC model index cards.
8. A data object can encapsulates processes and operation as well.
Explanation: A data object encapsulates data only. There is no reference within a data object to operations that act on the data.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.