This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “ISO 9001 and CMM”.
1. CMM stands for
a) Capability Management Module
b) Conservative Maturity Model
c) Capability Maturity Module
d) Capability Maturity Model
Explanation: The Capability Maturity Model for Software describes the principles and practices underlying software process maturity and is intended to help software organizations improve the maturity of their software processes in terms of an evolutionary path from ad hoc, chaotic processes to mature, disciplined software processes.
2. The ISO 9000 series of standards is a program that can be used for external quality assurance purposes.
Explanation: The ISO 9000 series of standards is a set of documents.
3. According to ISO 9001, the causes of nonconforming product should be
d) eliminated and identified
Explanation: ISO 9001 requires that the causes of nonconforming product to be identified. Potential causes of nonconforming product are eliminated.
4. .CO policy in CMM means
a) The leadership practices in Commitment to Perform
b) The organizational structure (groups) practices in Ability to Perform
c) The policy practices in Commitment to Perform
d) The planning practices in Commitment to Perform
Explanation: CMM have certain policy practices covered under .CO policy.
5. ISO 9001 is not concerned with ____________ of quality records.
Explanation: The practices defining the quality records to be maintained in the CMM are distributed throughout the key process areas in the various Activities Performed practices.
6. Which of the following is not a maturity level in CMM?
Explanation: The CMM is organized into five maturity levels as namely: Initial, Repeatable, Defined, Managed and Optimizing.
7. In CMM, the life cycle activities of requirements analysis, design, code, and test are described in
a) Software Product Engineering
b) Software Quality Assurance
c) Software Subcontract Management
d) Software Quality Management
Explanation: In CMM planning these activities is described in Software Project Planning, however the life cycle activities of requirements analysis, design, code, and test are described in Software Product Engineering.
8. Which of the following requires design control measures, such as holding and recording design reviews and qualification tests?
b) ISO 9001
c) ISO 9000-3
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: ISO 9000-3 states that the supplier should carry out reviews to ensure the requirements are met and design methods are correctly carried out.
9. The CMM emphasizes
a) continuous process improvement
b) the need to record information
c) the need to accept quality system
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: CMM emphasizes the need to record information for later use in the process and for improvement of the process.
10. _______ states that, where appropriate, adequate statistical techniques are identified and used to verify the acceptability of process capability and product characteristics.
a) ISO 9001
b) ISO 9000-4
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: ISO 9001 states that, where, appropriate adequate statistical techniques are identified and used to verify the acceptability of process capability and product characteristics.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!