This set of Software Engineering Questions and Answers for Freshers focuses on “Software Process and Product – 2”.
1. If a software production gets behind schedule, one can add more programmers and catch up.
Explanation: As new people are added, people who were working must spend time educating the newcomers, thereby reducing the amount of time spent on productive development effort.
2. Choose an internal software quality from given below:
Explanation: rest all are external qualities which are visible to the user.
3. RUP stands for____________ created by a division of ____________
a) Rational Unified Program, IBM
b) Rational Unified Process, Infosys
c) Rational Unified Process, Microsoft
d) Rational Unified Process, IBM
4. The RUP is normally described from three perspectives-dynamic, static & practice.What does static perspective do ?
a) It shows the process activities that are enacted
b) It suggests good practices to be used during the process
c) It shows the phases of the model over time
d) All of the mentioned
5. The only deliverable work product for a successful project is the working program.
Explanation: A working program is only one part of a software configuration that includes many elements. Documentation provides a foundation for successful engineering and, more important, guidance for software support.
6. Which phase of the RUP is used to establish a business case for the system ?
7. Which one of the following is not a fundamental activity for software processes in software engineering ?
a) Software Verification
b) Software Validation
c) Software design and implementation
d) Software evolution
Explanation: Software Verification is accounted for in implementation & testing activity.
8. A general statement of objectives is the major cause of failed software efforts.
Explanation: A formal and detailed description of the information domain, function, behavior, performance, interfaces, design constraints and validation criteria is essential which can be determined only after thorough communication between customer and developer.
9. The longer a fault exists in software
a) the more tedious its removal becomes
b) the more costly it is to detect and correct
c) the less likely it is to be properly corrected
d) All of the mentioned
10. Component-based Software Engineering allows faster delivery.
Explanation: Due to using previously tested components they produce more reliable system at a faster rate.
11. Arrange the following steps to form a basic/general Engineering Process Model.
a) 2, 4, 5, 1, 6, 3
b) 4, 2, 5, 1, 3, 6
c) 2, 4, 5, 1, 3, 6
d) 4, 2, 5, 1, 6, 3
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!