This set of Software Engineering Interview Questions and Answers focuses on “Software Engineering Ethics – 2”.
1. Which of these are not among the eight principles followed by Software Engineering Code of Ethics and Professional Practice ?
Explanation: Rest all are clauses for software ethics, environment does not focus on specific clause nor its of importace related to question.
2. What is a Software ?
a) Software is set of programs
b) Software is documentation and configuration of data
c) Software is set of programs, documentation & configuration of data
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Software is not just set of program but it is also associated documentation and configuration of data to make program run.
3. Which of these does not account for software failure ?
a) Increasing Demand
b) Low expectation
c) Increasing Supply
d) Less reliable and expensive
Explanation: Increasing supply will lead to more production and not failure.
4. What are attributes of good software ?
a) Software maintainability
b) Software functionality
c) Software development
d) Software maintainability & functionality
Explanation: Good software should deliver the required functinality, maintainability. Software development is not an attribute but a fundamental.
5. Which of these software engineering activities are not a part of software processes ?
a) Software dependence
b) Software development
c) Software validation
d) Software specification
Explanation: Software dependence is an attribute and not an engineering activity for process.
6. Which of these is incorrect ?
a) Software engineering belongs to Computer science
b) Software engineering is a part of more general form of System Engineering
c) Computer science belongs to Software engineering
d) Software engineering is concerned with the practicalities of developing and delivering useful software
Explanation: Software engineering is a vast sub domain which comes under computer science which is main domain.
7. Which of these is true ?
a) Generic products and customized products are types of software products
b) Generic products are produced by organization and sold to open market
c) Customized products are commissioned by particular customer
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: All of them are true.
8. Which of these does not affect different types of software as a whole?
c) Business and social change
Explanation: Option b & c are a part of Software Engineering as a subject,hence option a covers them both.
9. The fundamental notions of software engineering does not account for ?
a) Software processes
b) Software Security
c) Software reuse
d) Software Validation
Explanation: Software validation is an activity for software process and not the fundamental for engineering.
10. Which of these is not true ?
a) Web has led to availability of software services and possibility of developing highly distributed service based systems
b) Web based systems have led to degradation of programming languages
c) Web brings concept of software as service
d) Web based system should be developed and delivered incrementally
Explanation: Web based systems has led to important advances in programming languages.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Software Engineering
- Participate in Software Engineering Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Software Engineering
- Take Software Engineering Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10