This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Software Maintenance – 1”.
1. Software Maintenance includes
a) Error corrections
b) Enhancements of capabilities
c) Deletion of obsolete capabilities
d) All of the mentioned
2. Maintenance is classified into how many categories ?
Explanation: Adaptive, corrective, perfective and preventive are the four types of software maintenance.
3. The modification of the software to match changes in the ever changing environment, falls under which category of software maintenance?
4. How many phases are there in Taute Maintenance Model?
5. What type of software testing is generally used in Software Maintenance?
a) Regression Testing
b) System Testing
c) Integration Testing
d) Unit Testing
Explanation: All other options are known as levels of software testing which further have types of software testing.
6. Regression testing is a very expensive activity.
Explanation: As regression testing is performed many times over the life of the software product, it becomes a costly affair.
7. Selective retest techniques may be more economical than the “retest-all”technique.How many selective retest techniques are there?
Explanation: The three categories include: Coverage, Minimization and Safe techniques.
8. Which selective retest technique selects every test case that causes a modified program to produce a different output than its original version?
Explanation: Safe techniques do not focus on coverage criteria, instead they select every test case that cause a modified program to produce different output than its original version.
9. ______________ measures the ability of a regression test selection technique to handle realistic applications.
Explanation: Generality measures the ability of a technique to handle realistic and diverse language constructs, arbitrarily complex modifications, and realistic testing applications.
10. Which regression test selection technique exposes faults caused by modifications?
Explanation: Inclusiveness measures the extent to which a technique chooses test cases that will cause the modified program to produce different output than the original program, and thereby expose faults caused by modifications.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.