This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Software Reliability Models”.
1. Which one is not a software quality model?
a) ISO 9000
b) McCall model
c) Boehm model
d) ISO 9126
Explanation: ISO 9000 is software certification.
2. How many levels are present in CMM?
Explanation: The five levels are: initial, repeatable, defined, managed, optimizing.
3. Which level of CMM is for process management?
Explanation: It is a characteristic of processes at this level that the focus is on continually improving process performance through both incremental and innovative technological changes/improvements.
4. In ISO 9126, time behavior and resource utilization are a part of
Explanation: A set of attributes that bear on the relationship between the level of performance of the software and the amount of resources used, under stated conditions.
5. Which of the following is not a Probabilistic Model?
a) Error seeding
c) Input domain
d) Halstead’s software metric
Explanation: Halstead’s software metric is a deterministic model.
6. Software reliability is defined with respect to
7. Failure In Time (FIT) is another way of reporting
Explanation: FIT reports the number of expected failures per one billion hours of operation for a device. This term is used particularly by the semiconductor industry but is also used by component manufacturers .
8. MTTF stands for
a) Minimum time to failure
b) Mean time to failure
c) Maximum time to failure
d) None of the mentioned
9. Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) is the time needed to repair a failed hardware module.
Explanation: In an operational system, repair generally means replacing a failed hardware part. Thus, hardware MTTR could be viewed as mean time to replace a failed hardware module.
10. IMC Networks is a leading ________ certified manufacturer of optical networking and LAN/WAN connectivity solutions for enterprise, telecommunications and service provider applications.
a) Telco Systems
c) Arista Networks
d) ISO 9001
Explanation: Founded in 1988, with over one million products installed worldwide, IMC Networks offers a wide range of fiber media and mode converters for a variety of applications.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.