This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Metrics Analysis”.
1. Which of the following is not a metric for design model?
a) Interface design metrics
b) Component-level metrics
c) Architectural metrics
d) Complexity metrics
Explanation: Complexity metrics measure the logical complexity of source code.
2. Statement and branch coverage metrics are part of
a) Analysis Model
c) Design Model
d) Source Code
Explanation: These metrics lead to the design of test cases that provide program coverage.
3. Function Points in software engineering was first proposed by
Explanation: First proposed by Albrecht in 1979, hundreds of books and papers have been written on functions points since then.
4. How many Information Domain Values are used for Function Point Computation?
Explanation: The five values are: External Inputs, External Outputs, External Inquiries, Internal Logical Files and External Interface Files.
5. Function Point Computation is given by the formula
a) FP = [count total * 0.65] + 0.01 * sum(Fi)
b) FP = count total * [0.65 + 0.01 * sum(Fi)].
c) FP = count total * [0.65 + 0.01] * sum(Fi)
d) FP = [count total * 0.65 + 0.01] * sum(Fi)
Explanation: Option b is the correct formula for Function Point Computation.
6. Architectural Design Metrics are ___________ in nature.
a) Black Box
b) White Box
c) Gray Box
d) Green Box
Explanation: They are “black box” in that they do not require any knowledge of the inner workings of a particular software component.
7. Structural complexity of a module i is given as S(i) = f*f (i). What does f symbolizes here?
a) “fan check-out” of module i
b) “fan check-in” of module i
c) “fan in” of module i
d) “fan out” of module i
Explanation: Fan out is number of modules directly invoked by module i.
8. SMI stands for
a) Software Mature Indicator
b) Software Maturity Index
c) Software Mature Index
d) Software Maturity Indicator
9. As the SMI approaches 1.0, the software product starts becoming unstable
Explanation: As the SMI approaches 1.0, the software product begins to stabilize.
10. SMI = [Mt – (Fa + Fc + Fd)]/Mt. Here Mt is the number of modules
a) in the current release
b) in the current release that have been changed
c) from the preceding release that were deleted in the current release
d) none of the mentioned
11. The amount of time that the software is available for use is known as
12. Usability in metric analysis is defined as the degree to which the software
a) stated needs
b) is easy to use
c) makes optimal use of system resources
d) none of the mentioned
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Software Engineering
- Participate in Software Engineering Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Software Engineering
- Take Software Engineering Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10