Our 1000+ Microbiology questions and answers focuses on all areas of Microbiology subject covering 100+ topics in Microbiology. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Microbiology. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Microbiology comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Microbiology interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Microbiology with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Microbiology Subject
Who should Practice these Microbiology Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Microbiology Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Microbiology
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Microbiology Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on The Characterisation, Classification and Identification of Microorganisms
The section contains questions and answers on microorganisms characteristics and microbial classification.
|Major Characteristics of Microorganisms||Microbial Classification|
2. Questions on The Microscopic Examination of Microorganisms
The section contains questions on light microscope, microbial Stains, transmission and scanning electron microscope.
Transmission Electron Microscope and Scanning Electron Microscope
3. Questions & Answers on The Morphology and Fine Structure of Bacteria
The section contains questions and answers on size, shape and arrangement of bacterial cells, cell wall, structures external and internal to the cell wall.
The Size, Shape and Arrangement of Bacterial Cells
Structures External to the Cell Wall
The Cell Wall
Structures Internal to the Cell Wall
4. Questions on The Cultivation of Bacteria
The section contains questions on nutritional requirements, bacteriological media and physical conditions growth.
|Physical Conditions Required for Growth|
5. Questions & Answers on Reproduction and Growth
The section contains questions and answers on cell division modes, bacteria growth cycle and quantitative measurement.
Reproduction – Modes of Cell Division
Growth Cycle of Bacteria
|Quantitative Measurement of Bacterial Growth|
6. Questions on Pure Cultures and Cultural Characteristics
The section contains questions on selective methods, pure cultures and cultural characteristics.
7. Questions & Answers on Microbial Metabolism : Energy Production
The section contains questions and answers on bioenergetics principles, energy production by photosynthesis, anaerobic and aerobic processes.
Some Principles of Bioenergetics
Energy Production by Anaerobic Processes
Energy Production by Aerobic Processes
Energy Production by Photosynthesis
8. Questions on Microbial Metabolism : Utilization of Energy and Biosynthesis
The section contains questions on energy utilization in biosynthetic and nonbiosynthetic processes, transcription and translation of genetic information and protein synthesis process.
Utilization of Energy in Nonbiosynthetic Processes
Utilization of Energy in Biosynthetic Processes
The Biosynthesis of Deoxyribonucleic Acid
Transcription and Translation of Genetic Information
The Process of Protein Synthesis
9. Questions & Answers on The World of Bacteria I & II
The section contains questions and answers on spirochetes, negative rods, cocci, facultatively anaerobic gram, rickettsias and chlamydias, mycoplasmas, positive cocci and positive bacteria.
10. Questions on Fungi – Molds and Yeasts
The section contains questions on morphology, reproduction, physiology and fungi cultivation, fungi classification and special interest.
Physiology and Cultivation of Fungi
Classification of Fungi
Some Fungi of Special Interest
11. Questions & Answers on Algae & Protozoa
The section contains questions and answers on biological and economic importance of algae, algae characteristics and classification, ecology and protozoa importance, protozoa characteristics, protozoa morphology and reproduction.
The Biological and Economic Importance of Algae
Characteristics of Algae
Classification of Algae
Ecology and Importance of Protozoa
Morphology of Protozoa
Reproduction of Protozoa
Characteristics of Some Major Groups of Protozoa
12. Questions on Viruses of Bacteria
The section contains questions on phages structure and morphology, bacterial viruses replication, lysogeny and lytic.
Morphology and Structure of Phages
Replication of Bacterial Viruses
|Lysogeny and Lytic|
13. Questions & Answers on Viruses of Animals and Plants
The section contains questions and answers on viruses, vaccination, structure, composition, viruses classification, virus infection and fatal diseases.
Viruses and Vaccination
Structure and Composition
Classification of Viruses
Virus Infection and Fatal Diseases Associated with Viruses in Animals
14. Questions on The Control of Microorganisms by Physical & Chemical Agents
The sections covers questions on control fundamentals, physical agents, chemical agents characteristics, antimicrobial agents groups and antimicrobial chemical agents evaluation.
Fundamentals of Control
Characteristics and Definition of Chemical Agents
Major Groups of Antimicrobial Agents
Evaluation of Antimicrobial Chemical Agents
15. Questions & Answers on Antibiotics and Other Chemotherapeutic Agents
The section contains questions and answers on chemotherapy historical highlights, antibiotics and their actions, microbiological assay of antibiotics, antifungal, antiviral and antitumour antibiotics.
Historical Highlights of Chemotherapy
Antibiotics and their Mode of Action
|Microbiological Assay of Antibiotics, Antifungal, Antiviral and Antitumour Antibiotics|
16. Questions on Microbiology of Soil & Aquatic Microbiology
The section contains questions on soil microorganisms interactions, nitrogen, carbon and sulphur cycles, aquatic environment, aquatic microorganisms techniques and productivity.
Interactions Among Soil Microorganisms
The Nitrogen Cycle
The Carbon Cycle & Sulphur Cycle
The Aquatic Environment
Distribution and Techniques for the Study of Aquatic Microorganisms
Productivity of Aquatic Microorganisms
17. Questions & Answers on Microbiology of Domestic Water and Wastewater, Microbiology of Food
The section contains questions and answers on sanitary quality of water, wastewater, treatment processes, fresh foods microbial flora, food preservation and microorganisms.
Determining Sanitary Quality of Water
Wastewater and Treatment Processes
Microbial Flora of Fresh Foods
Preservation of Foods
Microorganisms as Food
18. Questions on Industrial Microbiology & Bacterial Genetics
The section contains questions on microorganisms, industry, industrial uses of bacteria, molds and yeasts, genotypic changes, bacterial recombination and conjugation, bacterial transduction and transformation.
Microorganisms and Industry
Industrial Uses of Bacteria
Industrial Uses of Yeasts
Industrial Uses of Molds
19. Questions & Answers on Microbial Flora of the Healthy Human Host, Host-Microbe Interactions : The Process of Infection
The section contains questions and answers on normal flora, human host, normal flora distribution, microbial adherence, epithelial cell layers penetration and microbial virulence factors.
Normal Flora and the Human Host
Distribution and Occurrence of the Normal Flora
Penetration of Epithelial Cell Layers
Events in Infection Following Penetration
Microbial Virulence Factors
20. Questions on Microbial Agents of Disease : Bacteria & Viruses
The section contains questions on diseases caused by staphylococcus, streptococcus, corynebacterium, aerobic and anaerobic gram, viruses containing single and double stranded dna.
21. Questions & Answers on Microbial Agents of Disease : Fungi and Protozoa
The section contains questions and answers on diseases caused by fungi and protozoa, therapeutic drugs for fungal treatment and protozoan diseases.
Diseases Caused by Fungi
Diseases Caused by Protozoa
|Therapeutic Drugs for Treatment of Fungal and Protozoan Diseases|
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Microbiology!