This set of Casting, Forming and Welding Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Cold Set Resin Binders”.
1. What is the pH level of leachate?
Explanation: The pH level of the leachate has the requirement to be somewhere in between 6 to 9 on the pH scale. This would indicate that, the substance leachate is a basic substance.
2. From what is furfural alcohol derived?
a) Carbon dioxide
b) Waste water
c) Waste vegetables
d) Sulphur dioxide
Explanation: Furfural alcohol (FA) gets derived from vegetable matter which is wasted, by processing it under pressure.
3. What is the source of fuel of the boiler in process energy?
a) Waste from FA processing
b) Waste from CO2 production
c) Waste from SO2 production
d) Waste from NO2 production
Explanation: The waste that is achieved after processing of furfural alcohol is used to fuel the boiler in the process energy.
4. For casting, in phenolic esters, formaldehyde levels are low.
Explanation: On mixing and even on casting, in the phenolic esters, the formaldehyde levels are found to be exceedingly low.
5. What is the formaldehyde level in phenolic ester in mixing?
a) Less than 0.2 parts per million
b) Less than 0.3 parts per million
c) Less than 0.4 parts per million
d) Less than 0.5 parts per million
6. What is the formaldehyde level in phenolic ester in casting?
a) Less than 0.2ppm
b) Less than 0.3ppm
c) Less than 0.4ppm
d) Less than 0.5ppm
7. What is the phenol level in phenolic ester in casting?
a) Less than 2ppm
b) Less than 3ppm
c) Less than 4ppm
d) Less than 5ppm
8. What should the total percentage of re-use of sand in reclamation be?
Explanation: There is some amount of threat which is faced by the phenolic-ester compounds. This threat causes a kind of limitation to the reclamation. Ideally, the total percentage should be 95%.
9. Potassium hydroxide melts at what temperature?
Explanation: Potassium hydroxide is known to have its melting point at a temperature of 360°C, but it is known to have a very high boiling point of 1320°C.
10. Potassium hydroxide boils at what temperature?
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Casting, Forming and Welding.
To practice all areas of Casting, Forming and Welding, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!