This set of Welding Interview Questions and Answers for freshers focuses on “Types of Welding”.
1. Which of the following is not a type of arc welding?
Explanation: Among the following, plasma arc, electro-slag and submerged arc are few of the types of arc welding. Air-acetylene is one of the forms of gas welding processes.
2. Which of the following is not a type of resistance welding?
Explanation: Among the following, seam, projection and spot are few of the types of resistance welding. Electro-slag is one of the forms of gas welding processes.
3. Which of the following materials are not suited for cold welding?
Explanation: Cold welding process is not very suitable for alloys like steel, the reason being, cold welding cannot take place excellently in ferrous materials. Steel contains high amount of iron, hence it cannot be cold welded.
4. What is the cross-sectional shape of a thermoplastic welding rod?
Explanation: A welding rod or a thermoplastic welding rod is used mainly in plastic welding. The rod should not be very porous or it may catch voids. This rod has a cross sectional shape triangular or circular.
5. Which of the following is not a type of related processes?
Explanation: Among the following, soldering, pressing and hard-pressing are few of the types of related processes. Percussion is one of the forms of resistance welding processes.
6. Laser is classified under newer beam.
Explanation: There are various types of welding processes, one of them is newer welding process. Under this, there are two types, one is electron-beam and another is the use of laser.
7. Which of the following is not a type of solid state welding?
Explanation: Among the following, ultrasonic, friction and diffusion are a few of the types of related processes. Percussion is one of the forms of resistance welding processes.
8. What is the density of the plastic used in speed tip welding?
a) 916 kg/m3
b) 923 kg/m3
c) 946 kg/m3
d) 982 kg/m3
Explanation: The plastic which is used in the process of speed tip welding is polypropylene or polypropene. It is classified under thermoplastics materials. The density of polypropylene is 946 kg/m3 and it starts melting at 130°C.
9. Which of the following could be considered as a related process?
b) Oxy-Hydrogen welding
c) Oxy-Acetylene cutting
Explanation: Among the following, oxy-acetylene cutting is considered as a related process. Explosive is a type of solid state welding. Electron-beam is a type of newer welding and oxy-hydrogen welding is a form of gas welding.
10. A liquid phase has to be used in cold welding.
Explanation: It is hot welding that a liquid or a molten state is used for the joining of two pieces of metal. But in cold welding, there is no use of a liquid phase, that is, joining is done without using heat.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Welding.
To practice all areas of Welding for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.