This set of Advanced Machining Processes Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “EP-Process Parameters”.
1. Of the following material removal mechanisms, material is removed by which one in EP?
a) Electrode dissolution
Explanation: Anodic dissolution takes place in Electropolishing process.
2. Which of the following come under the process parameters of the Electropolishing?
a) Work piece material and condition
b) Current density
c) Applied voltage
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The process parameters of Electropolishing include current density, applied voltage, acid type, temperature original surface roughness, work piece condition and material.
3. Current density of the EP process generally varies between which of the following values?
a) 0.0001 – 0.001 A/cm2
b) 0.005 – 1.8 A/cm2
c) 1.9 – 2.532 A/cm2
d) 3.523 – 4.23 A/cm2
Explanation: Generally current density value used in EP process vary between 0.005 – 1.8 A/cm2.
4. Which of the following are the work piece materials that can be machined using Electropolishing?
a) Carbon steel
b) Alpha brass
c) Phosphor bronze
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Different work piece materials that can be machined using EP are carbon steels, stainless steels, copper, alpha brass, nickel, phosphor bronze, aluminium, magnesium etc.
5. Which of the following electrolyte, can be used commonly for stainless steel, Cu, Ni and Mg?
Explanation: H2PO4 is a common electrolyte used in the machining of Cu, Ni, Mg.
6. What is the electrolytic solution’s temperature when stainless steel is machined?
a) 50o C
b) 80o C
c) 120o C
d) 150o C
Explanation: Temperature of electrolytic solution used for machining stainless steel is 80o C.
7. State whether the following statement is true or false regarding process parameters of EP.
“In EP, process parameters have a direct impact on surface quality and productivity of process.”
Explanation: In Electropolishing, parameters have a direct impact on quality of surface and productivity.
8. For machining of Cu material which of the following can be used as electrolytes?
b) H2PO4 and Na2CrO4
Explanation: For Cu material electrolyte used in EP process is H2PO4.
9. In the following types of voltage, which one best suites EP process?
a) Randomly Fluctuating
c) Periodically fluctuating
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: For the machining to take place in Electropolishing process, voltage should be correct and constant.
10. State whether the following statement is true or false regarding process parameters of EP.
“In EP, high current densities are used for anodic dissolution.”
Explanation: In Electropolishing, limited current densities are used for anodic dissolution.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Advanced Machining.
To practice all areas of Advanced Machining, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!