This set of Advanced Machining Processes Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Ultrasonic Machining – Introduction”.
1. Of the following scientists, who discovered USM?
b) Paul O Flawer
d) Steve John
Explanation: Balamuth was the scientist, who discovered Ultrasonic Machining.
2. What is the full form of USM in advanced machining process?
a) Ultrasound manufacturing
b) Ultrasonic machining
c) UV spectrum manufacturing
d) Ultra sonar machining
Explanation: Full form of USM in advanced machining processes, is Ultrasonic machining.
3. USM removes materials using ____ tool?
a) Perpendicularly rotating
b) Perpendicularly oscillating
c) Axially oscillating
d) Inclined oscillating
Explanation: Material is removed using axial oscillating tool.
4. Which is softer material in USM?
b) Work piece
c) Both of them
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Tool is softer than work piece in USM.
5. Frequency of tool’s oscillation in USM ranges between?
a) 5-10 kHz
b) 10-15 kHz
c) 18-20 kHz
d) 25-50 kHz
Explanation: Frequency used in USM is between 18 – 20 kHz.
6. Amplitude of oscillation of tool in USM ranges between?
a) 0.1-10 μm
b) 10-40 μm
c) 50-100 μm
d) 100-1000 μm
Explanation: The optimal range used is between 10-40 μm.
7. In which year, discovery of USM took place?
Explanation: Ultrasonic Machining was discovered in 1945.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Advanced Machining.
To practice all areas of Advanced Machining, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.