This set of Advanced Machining Processes Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “WJM – Advantages and Disadvantages”.
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Water jet machining has multi directional cutting capacity i.e.., in any direction in three dimensional space.
2. In Water jet machining, cuts can be started at which place of work piece?
a) From left
b) From right
c) From middle
d) From any point
Explanation: In WJM, cuts can be started from any point on the work piece.
3. State whether following statement is true or false.
“To start the cuts in Water jet machining, pre-drilled holes are not necessary.”
Explanation: In Water jet machining, we need not require any pre-drilled holes to start the cuts.
4. Which of the following is not an advantage of Water jet machining?
a) Burr produced is minimal
b) No Heat is produced
c) Relatively low hourly rates
d) Environmentally safe
Explanation: Costs per hour are relatively high in Water jet machining.
“In Water jet machining, tool need not require sharpening once the machining is done.”
Explanation: Tool does not wear in water jet machining, so it need not be sharpened.
6. Which of the following secondary processes are eliminated in Water jet machining?
a) Grinding of surface
b) Surface treatment
c) Polishing of surface
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: All the mentioned secondary processes above, are eliminated in Water jet machining.
7. How many parts are cut using Water jet machining, on a single blank?
a) One part
b) Two parts
c) Three parts
d) Multiple parts
Explanation: Depending up on the kerf width, multiple parts can be machined using single blank.
8. Which of the following is the disadvantage of water jet machining?
a) Narrow kerf width
b) Small diameter of nozzle
c) Not suitable for mass production
d) Burr is minimal
Explanation: Due to high maintenance, WJM cannot be used for mass production.
To practice all areas of Advanced Machining, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.