This set of Advanced Machining Processes Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Electrochemical Jet Drilling”.
1. In advanced machining processes, what is the full form of ECJD?
a) Electrochemical Jet Dimensioning
b) Electrochemical Jet Drilling
c) Electrical Jet Drilling
d) Electrical Jet Dimensioning
Explanation: In advanced machining processes, full form of ECJD is Electrochemical Jet Drilling.
2. What is the value of diameter-to-depth ratio obtained using ECJD process?
Explanation: Electrochemical jet drilling is the process used for producing fine holes, having diameter to depth ratio of 1:12.
3. Compared to the diameter to depth ratio of ES drilling, how is ECJD’s ratio?
c) Same as ES
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: ES drilling has a diameter to depth ratio of 1:100, while ECJD has a ratio of 1:12.
4. How is the material removed in Electrochemical jet drilling process?
a) Using Platinum wire
b) Using Ti coated electrode
c) By spraying electrolyte
d) Using glass nozzle
Explanation: Material is removed by spraying electrolyte through the cathode, in Electrochemical jet drilling.
5. What is the material removal mechanism used in Electrochemical jet drilling?
Explanation: Electrochemical dissolution is the means of material removal in Electrochemical jet drilling.
6. What are the values of voltages used in Electrochemical jet drilling process?
a) 100 to 200 V
b) 200 to 400 V
c) 400 to 800 V
d) 800 to 1600 V
Explanation: The optimum range of voltages used in Electrochemical jet drilling are between 400 to 800 V.
7. The lower limit of the hole size in ECJD, is determined by which of the following factors?
a) Smallest hole
b) Pressure required
c) Amount of overcut
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The lower limit of hole size depend on smallest hole that can be drilled in cathodic nozzle, pressure required for pumping electrolyte and the overcut amount.
8. State whether following statement is true or false regarding ECJD.
“In ECJD, diameter of hole produced, depend up on the throwing power of electrolyte.”
Explanation: Diameter of the hole produced, depend up on the throwing power of electrolyte.
9. Compared to the diameter of the electrolyte jet, how are the produced hole diameters?
a) 2 times
b) 3 times
c) 4 times
d) 5 times
Explanation: In ECJD, the holes produced are nearly 4 times that of the electrolyte jet diameter used in the process.
10. What is the value of the ratio of hole diameter to capillary diameter in ECJD?
Explanation: Generally, ratio of hole diameter to capillary diameter in ECJD is 2.
11. What are the values of tapers produced in Electrochemical jet drilling process?
a) 1 to 2 included angles
b) 5 to 10 included angles
c) 10 to 15 included angles
d) 20 to 30 included angles
Explanation: In Electrochemical jet drilling tapers produced are about 5 to 10 included angles.
12. State whether following statement is true or false regarding ECJD?
“In ECJD, there is no need of room for exit of electrolyte.”
Explanation: In ECJD, enough room is required for the exit of electrolyte, preferably in the form of spray.
13. How much part of tool needs to be in contact with work piece for removal of material?
d) No contact
Explanation: As this is an electrochemical dissolution process, electrodes should not be in contact in order to avoid sparking.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Advanced Machining.
To practice all areas of Advanced Machining, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.