This set of Advanced Machining Processes Puzzles focuses on “ECH-Process Characteristics, Applications”.
1. State whether following statement is true or false about ECH process.
“In ECH, improper electrolytic distribution will have no effect on any component.”
Explanation: Improper electrolytic distribution leads to geometric irregularities and errors in the process of Electro chemical honing.
2. The machining system employs which type of abrasive stone for removal of material?
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The machining system of the Electro chemical honing process employs a reciprocating abrasive stone for the removal of material.
3. What is the value of gap maintained in ECH?
a) 0.025 to 0.075 mm
b) 0.075 to 0.250 mm
c) 0.250 to 0.750 mm
d) 0.750 to 2.50 mm
Explanation: The value of gap maintained in electro chemical honing is between 0.076 and 0.250.
4. How much faster is MRR in ECH when compared to the conventional honing?
a) 1 to 2 times
b) 2 to 3 times
c) 3 to 5 times
d) 5 to 8 times
Explanation: MRR in ECH is nearly 3 to 5 times faster than conventional honing.
5. How much faster is MRR in ECH when compared to the conventional internal grinding?
a) 2 times
b) 4 times
c) 6 times
d) 8 times
Explanation: Material removal rate in ECH is nearly 4 times faster than that of the internal cylindrical grinding.
6. What are the tolerances that are achieved using ECH process?
a) ± 0.001 mm
b) ± 0.002 mm
c) ± 0.003 mm
d) ± 0.004 mm
Explanation: The value of the tolerances that are achieved during machining in ECH is about ± 0.003 mm.
7. What are the surface roughness values obtained while we use ECH process?
a) 0.1 to 0.2 µm
b) 0.2 to 0.8 µm
c) 0.8 to 1.6 µm
d) 1.6 to 3.2 µm
Explanation: The value of the surface roughness range from 0.2 to 0.8 µm.
8. State whether following statement is true or false regarding applications of ECH.
“In ECH, the roundness errors are reduced compared to other processes.”
Explanation: As the tool rotates and reciprocates the roundness errors are reduced in electro chemical honing process.
9. Tool reciprocation can be used to reduce which of the following effects on work piece?
c) All of the mentioned
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: The tool reciprocation in Electro chemical honing is used to reduce taper and waviness errors.
10. State whether following statement is true or false regarding the process of ECH.
“In ECH, the electro chemical dissolution phase introduces stresses.”
Explanation: Electro chemical dissolution produces no stresses and automatically deburrs the part in Electro chemical honing process.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Advanced Machining.
To practice puzzles on all areas of Advanced Machining, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.