This set of Advanced Machining Processes Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Electrochemical Grinding-Introduction”.
1. What is the full form of ECG in the advanced machining processes?
a) Electro cardio graph
b) Electro chemical grinding
c) Electro chemical grooving
d) Electric cathode grinding
Explanation: The full form of ECG in the advanced machining processes is Electro chemical grinding.
2. The grinding wheel used in the ECG process is of which charge given below?
a) Positive charge
b) Negative charge
c) Neutral charge
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The abrasive grinding wheel used in the Electro chemical grinding process is negatively charged.
3. Which of the following mentioned below are utilized in the ECG process?
a) Electrolytic solution
b) Abrasive grinding wheel
c) Work piece
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Electro chemical grinding utilizes the abrasive grinding wheel, the electrolytic solution and the work piece.
4. Electro chemical grinding is ___________ Electro chemical machining.
a) Superior to
b) Inferior to
c) Similar to
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: The process of Electro chemical grinding is similar to that of ECM except the cathode is a constructed grinding wheel.
5. What is the value of inter electrode gap maintained in ECG process?
a) <0.015 mm
b) <0.025 mm
c) <0.035 mm
d) <0.045 mm
Explanation: The value of the inter electrode gap maintained in Electro chemical grinding is 0.025 mm or less.
6. What is the value of the grit number of the abrasives used in ECG?
a) 1 – 20
b) 20 – 60
c) 60 – 320
d) 350 – 640
Explanation: The value of the grit number of abrasive particles used in the ECG process are about 60 – 320.
7. Which of the following electrolytes are used for machining purpose in ECG?
a) Sodium nitrate
b) Hydro chloric acid
c) Nitric acid
d) Potassium permanganate
Explanation: Generally sodium nitrate is the electrolyte that is used for machining purpose in Electro chemical grinding.
8. What are the values of surface speeds at which the wheel rotates?
a) 5 to 15 m/s
b) 10 to 20 m/s
c) 20 to 35 m/s
d) 40 to 60 m/s
Explanation: The speeds used in ECG will range from 20 to 35 m/sec.
9. What are the values of current used in ECG?
a) 1 to 50 A
b) 50 to 300 A
c) 300 to 600 A
d) 600 to 1000 A
Explanation: The values of current in Electro chemical grinding range from 50 to 300 A.
10. State whether the following statement is true or false regarding the material removal in ECG.
“In ECG, material removal is not continuous using abrasive.”
Explanation: Abrasive particles continuously remove the material products from the working area in Electro chemical grinding.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Advanced Machining.
To practice all areas of Advanced Machining, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!