This set of Advanced Machining Processes Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “WJM – Process Parameters and Material removal”.
1. Distance between which components, is the stand-off distance?
a) Nozzle-inlet and work piece top
b) Nozzle-outlet and work piece-top
c) Nozzle-inlet and work piece-bottom
d) Nozzle-outlet and work piece-bottom
Explanation: Stand-off distance is the distance between top of work piece and nozzle outlet.
2. What is the value of diameter of the jet cutting nozzle in WJM?
a) 0.01 – 0.1 mm
b) 0.1 – 0.3 mm
c) 0.3 – 0.7 mm
d) 0.7 – 1.5 mm
Explanation: In WJM, diameter of the nozzles range between 0.10 – 0.30 mm.
3. What is the value of stand-off distance in Water jet machining?
a) 0.1 – 1 mm
b) 1 – 2 mm
c) 2 – 6 mm
d) 6 – 14 mm
Explanation: Stand-off distance value ranges between 2.5 – 6 mm in Water jet machining.
4. What are the values of jet velocities in Water jet machining?
a) 100 – 200 m/s
b) 200 – 500 m/s
c) 500 – 1500 m/s
d) 1500 – 3000 m/s
Explanation: Velocity of the water jet stream ranges between 540 – 1480 m/s in WJM.
5. State whether the following statement is true or false.
“As the pump pressure increases, depth of cut decreases in Water jet machining.”
Explanation: As the pump pressure is increases, the depth of cut also increases in WJM.
6. What is the value of material thickness of work piece in WJM?
a) 0.001 – 0.25 mm
b) 0.8 – 25 mm
c) 50 – 100 mm
d) 100 – 500 mm
Explanation: The material thickness value of work piece range between 0.8 – 25 mm.
7. What is the value of feed rate in Water Jet Machining?
a) 0.0001 – 0.025 m/min
b) 0.05 – 0.25 m/min
c) 0.5 – 200 m/min
d) 200 – 500 m/min
Explanation: In Water jet machining, value of the feed rate ranges between 0.5 – 200 m/min.
8. In WJM, what are the properties of jet fluid that affect the MRR?
b) Flow rate
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: All the mentioned properties above, of jet fluid affect the MRR in Water jet machining.
9. Which of the following property/ies of nozzle does not affect the material removal rate in Water jet machining?
c) Outside temperature
d) Stand-off distance
Explanation: In nozzle, outside temperature has no effect on the rate of material removal.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Advanced Machining.
To practice all areas of Advanced Machining, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.