This set of Advanced Machining Processes Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “WJM – Process Parameters and Material removal”.
1. Distance between which components, is the stand-off distance?
a) Nozzle-inlet and work piece top
b) Nozzle-outlet and work piece-top
c) Nozzle-inlet and work piece-bottom
d) Nozzle-outlet and work piece-bottom
Explanation: Stand-off distance is the distance between top of work piece and nozzle outlet.
2. What is the value of diameter of the jet cutting nozzle in WJM?
a) 0.01 – 0.1 mm
b) 0.1 – 0.3 mm
c) 0.3 – 0.7 mm
d) 0.7 – 1.5 mm
Explanation: In WJM, diameter of the nozzles range between 0.10 – 0.30 mm.
3. What is the value of stand-off distance in Water jet machining?
a) 0.1 – 1 mm
b) 1 – 2 mm
c) 2 – 6 mm
d) 6 – 14 mm
Explanation: Stand-off distance value ranges between 2.5 – 6 mm in Water jet machining.
4. What are the values of jet velocities in Water jet machining?
a) 100 – 200 m/s
b) 200 – 500 m/s
c) 500 – 1500 m/s
d) 1500 – 3000 m/s
Explanation: Velocity of the water jet stream ranges between 540 – 1480 m/s in WJM.
5. State whether the following statement is true or false.
“As the pump pressure increases, depth of cut decreases in Water jet machining.”
Explanation: As the pump pressure is increases, the depth of cut also increases in WJM.
6. What is the value of material thickness of work piece in WJM?
a) 0.001 – 0.25 mm
b) 0.8 – 25 mm
c) 50 – 100 mm
d) 100 – 500 mm
Explanation: The material thickness value of work piece range between 0.8 – 25 mm.
7. What is the value of feed rate in Water Jet Machining?
a) 0.0001 – 0.025 m/min
b) 0.05 – 0.25 m/min
c) 0.5 – 200 m/min
d) 200 – 500 m/min
Explanation: In Water jet machining, value of the feed rate ranges between 0.5 – 200 m/min.
8. In WJM, what are the properties of jet fluid that affect the MRR?
b) Flow rate
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: All the mentioned properties above, of jet fluid affect the MRR in Water jet machining.
9. Which of the following property/ies of nozzle does not affect the material removal rate in Water jet machining?
c) Outside temperature
d) Stand-off distance
Explanation: In the nozzle, outside temperature has no effect on the rate of material removal.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Advanced Machining.
To practice all areas of Advanced Machining, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!