This set of Dairy Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Dairy Products – 1”.
1. Milk is a good source of all water-soluble vitamins except for _____
c) Ascorbic Acid
Explanation: Milk is a rich source of vitamin. It contains all the essential vitamins except Ascorbic acid or vitamin C.
2. __________ is a milk process that makes milk more easily digested by those with a sensitive digestive system.
Explanation: Homogenization is the process of breakdown of fat globules into smaller particles. It aids in digestion for people who have sensitive digestive system.
3. _________ amino acids are commonly found in milk proteins, including the essential amino acids.
Explanation: Milk contains all the essential amino acids. Milk has a total of 19 amino acids.
4. Summer milk has been estimated to contain 1.6 times as much vitamin ____ as winter milk.
Explanation: Summer milk is rich in vitamin A as compared to winter milk. Vitamin A content in summer milk exceeds 1.6 times the vitamin A content in winter milk.
5. The milk becomes the property of the buyer once ?
a) The transport truck reaches the plant
b) It is loaded into the transport truck on the farm
c) The transport truck leaves the farm
d) It is unloaded into the processor’s bulk tanks
Explanation: Milk is the responsibility of the producer before it is loaded into the truck. Once loaded the responsibility of milk shift to buyer.
6. Cows with _____ have a higher incidence of mastitis because physical injury is more likely.
a) Sickled hocks
c) Lower foot angles
d) Pendulous udders
Explanation: Mastitis is a common cow disease due to infection in udders. Cows with pendulous udders are more prone to it.
7. Which of the following is untrue concerning the federal milk marketing orders?
a) They are legal instruments
b) It is a uniform system of classified pricing
c) Producers are not guaranteed a market
d) Sanitary restrictions on production are imposed on producers.
Explanation: Federal Milk Marketing Orders (FMMOs) establish certain provisions under which dairy processors purchase fresh milk from dairy farmers supplying a marketing area. All the options are true except sanitary restriction on produce being imposed on producers.
8. The _____ or uniform price is determined by the proportion of the total delivery used in products of these classes.
Explanation: Milk sellers and beverage processors choose to keep the milk that goes into other products associated with the order so that its value goes into the pool and producers receive the uniform price for it. The uniform price paid to producers is the weighted average of the class prices.
9. Under federal orders, dairy farmers receive their milk checks_____
a) Once or twice monthly
d) Directly from the FSA office
Explanation: Federal order lay down guidelines of payment Dairy farmers under these guidelines receive their milk checks once or twice a month.
10. To defray the cost of federal orders, handlers are assessed ____ per hundredweight of milk received.
a) 1-3 cents
b) 2-5 cents
c) 3-4 cents
d) 15 cents
Explanation: Transportation credits apply to shipments of milk for Class I use from supply plants to distributing plants. In the Upper Midwest order, the credits are paid to distributing plants at the rate of 2-5 cents per hundredweight per mile to help defray the cost of moving milk to the Class I market.
11. Which is a true statement concerning federal milk marketing orders?
a) Public hearings are held so that all interested parties may present their views
b) They remove the need for cooperatives
c) They are designed to weaken the bargaining power of single large dairy farmers
d) They assure the corrected weighting, testing and sanitary conditions of milk
Explanation: Federal milk orders remove the need of corporative; they are designed to weaken the bargaining power of single large dairy farm. Also they assure the corrected weighting, testing and sanitary conditions of milk.
12. The hormone oxytocin is released by the ____ gland.This act stimulates the mammary gland.
Explanation: In chemistry, oxytocin acts both as a hormone and as a brain neurotransmitter. The release of oxytocin by the pituitary gland acts to regulate two female reproductive functions.
13. Rubber parts readily absorb ____ and need to be cleaned in an alkaline detergent.
c) Milk fat
Explanation: Rubber parts of machine absorb milk fat. They need to be cleaned properly with alkaline detergent.
14. The main objection to dirt and milk stone on parts is _____
a) Vacuum fluctuations
b) Poor milkers function
c) Poor looks
d) Increased bacterial count
Explanation: Dirt and milk stone on machine part leads to increased bacterial cound. Proper sanitation using an alkaline detergent is required.
15. Badly dented or damaged milkers unit parts are caused by?
a) Strong chemicals
b) Improper design
c) Careless handling
Explanation: Dents and damage on machine parts are caused due to careless handling. Hence, machines need to be handled with care.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Dairy Engineering.
To practice all areas of Dairy Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.