This set of Dairy Engineering test focuses on “TDairy Farm – 4”.
1. What role does fiber have in the calf starter ration?
d) heat tolerance
Explanation: Fiber is important part of calf diet. It helps in digestion in body.
2. What is a sign that a heifer is coming into heat?
a) Attempt to go under leaves
d) Attempts to mount other animals
Explanation: Heifer when comes under heat shows certain symptoms. One of the most common symptoms is that they attempt to mount other animals.
3. What is the organ that produces cow’s milk called?
Explanation: Udder produces milk. It is one of the most important parts of cow’s body.
4. Oral reasons should not be longer than how many minutes?
Explanation: Oral reasons should be maximum 2 minutes. Anything longer than that can prove harmful.
5. At what age should a heifer have her first calf?
a) 12 months
b) 8 months
c) 24 months
d) 9 months
Explanation: Heifer is expected to have its first calf at 2 years. Heifer is a cow.
6. Urea should not be fed to a calf until it is how old?
a) 3-4 months
b) 2 months
c) 1 months
Explanation: Urea is a diet supplement. It shouldn’t be provided to the calf until it is 3-4 months old.
7. How will a heifer act when she is in standing heat?
a) still and permit other animals to mount her
d) lay down
Explanation: Heifer shows certain distinct symptoms when exposed to heat. It usually stands still and permits other animals to mount her.
8. What is considered nature’s most perfect food?
Explanation: Milk is nature’s perfect food. It has all the essential nutrients needed by the human body for growth and development.
9. Name a defect when judging a class of dairy cows which is a disqualification?
Explanation: There are several defects on which the cow could be disqualified. In the options above Blindness is the defect which leads to disqualification.
10. How much should a Holstein or Brown Swiss heifer weigh at 2 years of age?
a) 200 pounds
b) 1000- 1100 pounds
c) 500 pounds
d) 600 pounds
Explanation: Holstein and Brown Swiss should adhere to certain weight requirements according to their age. They should weigh around 1000-1100 pounds as they turn 2 years old.
11. Each protein is made up of several nitrogen compounds. What are they called?
d) amino acid
Explanation: Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. They make up the protein structure.
12. How often do most heifers and cows come into heat?
a) every 18- 24 days
b) every 15 days
c) every 4 days
Explanation: Heifers come to heat every 18-24 days. They tend to let other animals mount them during this time.
13. What is the average percent protein in cow’s milk?
Explanation: Cow’s milk is rich in protein. It has around 3.5% of protein in it.
14. Name the body parts considered when evaluating dairy character?
Explanation: There are several body parts which are taken into account when evaluating dairy character. In the above option neck is one part.
15. What do the letters DHIA stand for?
a) Dairy Herd Improvement Association
b) Diet herd improvement Association
c) Diet herb improvement association
d) Dairy herb improvement Association
Explanation: DHIA stands for Dairy Herd Improvement Association. It helps in grading and scoring a cow for improvement.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Dairy Engineering.
To practice all areas of Dairy Engineering for tests, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.