This set of Dairy Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Milk Marketing”.
1. A dairy farmer who delivers “Grade A “or “bottling quality “milk to the processing plant is known as the__________
c) Order taker
Explanation: Producer is the dairy farmer which assigns a quality to the milk in the processing plant.
2. What is not the justification for government involvement in the marketing of milk?
a) Price and Income support for Dairy farmers
b) Reduce price and income flexibility
c) Improve market power of farmers
d) To reduce the consumption
Explanation: The government is involved in the marketing of milk in order to support price and income of dairy farmers; reduce price and improve the market power of farmers.
3. Milk from cows being treated with antibiotics should be withheld from the supply because:
a) Antibiotics curdle the milk
b) People are sensitive to antibiotics
c) They create high bacteria counts
d) They prevent proper cooling
Explanation: Many people are sensitive to antibiotics hence milk treated with them should be excluded from the supply.
4.________ is not a form of differentiation milk sellers use to separate themselves from competitors.
a) Physical product differentiation
b) Container differentiation
Explanation: Physical product differentiation; container differentiation; advertising helps milk sellers in differentiating them from their business competitor.
5. The tanker of milk must be checked for which of thefollowing before it can be unloaded at a milk plant?
Explanation: Before a tanker of milk can be unloaded at a milk plant; it must be checked for antibiotics. Many people are sensitive to antibiotics.
6. Every month, regulated handlers file a report of milk receipts and utilization with the order market administrator. This information is used to determine:
a) Maximum price paid to processors
b) Minimum price paid to producers
c) Minimum price paid to processors
d) No price paid
Explanation: Reports of milk receipts and utilizations are used to determine the minimum price paid to producers.
7. Major deductions on a dairy farmer’s milk check does not include:
b) Federal advertisement/promotion
c) Cooperative/marketing fees
d) Seasonal loss
Explanation: Major Deductions on a dairy farmer’s milk check include Hauling, federal advertisement/promotion and cooperative/marketing fees.
8. What is the purpose of a “milk check-off”?
a) To increase the milk price support
b) Determine if milk contains antibiotics
c) To pay for the generic advertising and research
d) To prevent spoilage
Explanation: The purpose of a “milk check-off” is to increase the milk price support. Fifteen cents per hundredweight of milk is taken from the producers ‘milk check.
9. Prices are based on which of the following in component pricing system?
a) Uniform skim milk price and uniform butter price
b) Value of butterfat, protein, and other solids
c) Total solids content
d) Total moisture content
Explanation: In the component pricing system producer prices are based on value of butterfat, protein, and other solids.
10. Specific milk will not be rejected by the plant if the milk fails to meet requirements for which of the following?
a) Color and appearance
c) Tests positive for drug residue
d) Acceptable pH
Explanation: The plant will reject specific milk from a producer if the milk fails to meet requirements for Color and appearance; sediment or it tests positive for drug residue.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Dairy Engineering.
To practice all areas of Dairy Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.